Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Broken again...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 12:20 AM
MGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken again...

Well today I went out with a small crack in the rear upper a-arm. It was my fault in a way but traxxas had the rear camber all messed up. It was way off and I went to screw in the upper pivot to readjust the camber and CRACK! I had no idea it was aready in all the way and I did not torque it dwn that hard but the plastic is really hard? But anyway this was like 2 days ago and I added some CA glue to help hold it together a bit more. The crack was small and only on the top portion of the a-arm but I thought it would hold.

I ran a 2 tanks through it and all was well untill a bad landing from a messed up launch got it just right on the left rear. I head it snap but was able to limp the trcuk back to me. I let it idle the rest of the tank out completing a 1/2 gallon through the engine.

Well it's time to upgrade and I think I want black RPM arms. In addtion to that I want to add a FOC but I really like the reverse and have yet to have any problems with the opti drive system.

Are the gains from just a FOC on a stock revo worth the $14? If they are then I will also add that carbon fiber mount for just the throttle servo..anyone with this combo care to add?
Old 10-14-2006, 12:25 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Broken again...

It does make a difference, infact, it makes a large difference.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Nebukatnizar

I would keeep the reverse and opti-drive, i mean whats the reall beneit of FOC, a little more power..??
Old 10-14-2006, 09:04 AM
mrjerryk

If you're not going to race then I would keep the reverse in it. If you do nothing but bash you will enjoy having reverse more than not having it at all.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:17 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: mrjerryk

If you're not going to race then I would keep the reverse in it. If you do nothing but bash you will enjoy having reverse more than not having it at all.
That's always been my logic. I don't race and like having reverse. Even racing, I wonder if driving skills are not more important than a few ounces saved in weight and the bit of power increase. Seems to me like they would be.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:31 AM
125cchyperman

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

That's always been my logic. I don't race and like having reverse. Even racing, I wonder if driving skills are not more important than a few ounces saved in weight and the bit of power increase. Seems to me like they would be.
Yes this is true that driver skills are still important then a little weight saving's and a little extra power. But if you have two drivers that are equally good in there driving skills then the extra power and weight saving can be the difference between a winners and a losser. Remember no one remembers the guy who came in 2nd place just the guy who won. But if bashing then I would keep the reverse but go with the rpm arms. If racing competitively then the reverse needs to go and the power and weight saving does indeed matter.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:11 AM
rawkfist2

Once the reverse/forward shaft break then put in a FOC
Old 10-14-2006, 06:19 PM
mrjerryk

ORIGINAL: rawkfist2

Once the reverse/forward shaft break then put in a FOC
It's going to be hard to break the shaft if not impossible. Gears will go long before that will.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Meziked

I did the fOC and really didnt see that much of a diffrence. Seems she will hit top speed a little quicker, but not anything to get exited about. I bash mostly and race on occasion, realy just getting into it. I saved all the parts from the conversion and will probably swap it back in befor next run.

I did race a golf cart with a security gaurd today....handed him his ass...LOL!!!