Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Over Revved !?!! Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:30 PM
reflexsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over Revved !?!! Advice Please

Hi there,

I was racing at my local track today with me revo 2.5r and after I was done I let one of my friends drive. He managed to flip it upside down and after about 5 seconds it just went WOT, then cut out after about 8 seconds. My receiver batteries where flat, but I have never had this problem before as the spring just pulls the throttle back to idle.

I took off the heatsink(head) and everything looks fine from the top and then I took the ez start and backplate. The conrod and everything else all seemed to be in order, although Im not quite sure what I should be looking for if something did get damaged. The motor swings fine aswell.

Would a failsafe fix this problem? On previous occasions when my batteries went flat the steering dies along with the throttle.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:44 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Over Revved !?!! Advice Please

It takes more then just a few seconds to melt the engine. I would not worry about it.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:50 PM
DaveG55

Yes, it could have been the low batterys. Sometimes when my batterys get low the truck will do odd things like the steering will glitch, the throttle will be slow to reapond or go WOT. A throttle return spring is good to have but if the rx is telling the servos to do something then it won't help much at all.
Yes, a fail save will prevent that from happening again.
Another thing to consider, since you were at a track would be interference from another's radio. But since the batterys were flat they would be my first guess.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:53 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

The better failsafes will stop the throttle servo if it senses the battery voltage to be lower than a pre-set voltage determined by you