Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Vantage "extended chassis" revo

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:33 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vantage "extended chassis" revo

They have finally done it, and done it with finesse. Its a nice product and good packaging - although more friendly environmental packaging would have been cooler; so lets here what you have to say about it thus far both good and honest BUT NO product bashing please - Just be curt and forward.

SO...you have it or you covert it, either way lets hear what you have done and need to do to make it fit for the racer and or big track racer. What are the set ups on you truck with the extended chassis as well as were there any mods that were needed to make it a snug fit or alow the second brand goods to fit like the CF radio trays or tank mods ETC.

What was the package like in conjunction with other related products for the racer and or big track racer and how did they intergrate together with or without modding the chassis. PICS please, or gallery shots.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:49 AM
bennyblanco

Default RE: Vantage "extended chassis" revo

i have the 2.5 chassis and the other day i lost control of my truck and it hit the curve at wot and nothing happen to the chassis i broke the bulkheads that was it i have the spektrum radio but forgot to set the failsafe my mistake but everthing is good now i got all rpm arms now LOL. so what im trying to say this cf chassis is stronger then some people think!!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:07 AM
SIM2U
Banned

YOU ARE VERY lucky bro...WOW! Thats cool though. Have you checked it out to see if there are any stress fractures though. Sometimes they are very hard to see. I had some in my CF MTB bike frame that I sold a while back. VERY hard to see sometimes if they are very minute. Although sometimes they are as obvious as Prohart hanging next to the Mona...lisa that is!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:17 AM
SIM2U
Banned

So far, on the fuel tank side, I have the modded 250cc fuel tank for the big track, the 170cc tank for the normal tracks and the stocker for races that require me to run the stock tank. Not including the stock tank though, I have found that without any of the stock revo RC and battery side boxes - so if you have converted to the CF versions, you will not be able to use the modded tank unless you do some serious ulterations. So I have thought that just get a peice of small CF from towers (I already have some sheets) and then make it the same shape as the CF battery pack holder without the bottom tray. Use a thicker weight sheet of say about 3mm or 2.5 there abouts, after crafting it into a similar shape as the CF battery pack upper tray mark out the holes and drill them. Also make enough extra rounded and slightly extended aprts to allow for the areas where the bolts are required to attach something into the tank mounts as such. After this, you can then put a hump pack inbetween the tank and the Tekno Rc BOX for the transceiver unit. Perfect fit and weights it nicely when compared to the other side with the engine, steering and throttle servo.

Ill try to post some pics as such but this mod does not require you to mod the chassis at all of course. But because the extended chassis is, well...extended and therefore they have aligned many thiings forward so the prior tank mods are null and void.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:39 AM
Grace_Bohdi

You finally got it hey...sounds like its more trouble than its worth. I think if you have a completely stock revo there are not mods as such, but as you say, for the racer with varios mods its going to be a mini nightmare.

Im going to get one but Im going to wait and see what others are doing to theirs in order to make it fit with second brand goods and the integration of thos goods as you put it. POST SOME PICS SIM, come on man. Dont keep me in anticipation of the money shot.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:42 PM
SIM2U
Banned

Its a bit difficult but it just takes a bit of fore planning as such, I dont want to do any mods if I cant help it to the chassis directly besides the qoncepts engine brace and the tank mods. Thats pretty well much it. the rear break kit you do need to have a smal amount of filling to do...say about 1mm in two places to let the bolts move with more room, so that they are not prematuraly pushing ont he breaks as such.

but your truck is nearly stock anyway Bohdi so you would have no probs bro. Direct drop fit.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:46 PM
SIM2U
Banned

Well the qoncepts brace is on and ready to soak it up...and then realized that it wont be able to do that. Sent it back and used the billet engine brace with the Hot Racing BB engine conversion. All I have to do now is the tank mod to allow the bigger tank to fit onto the CF batter pack and change the flat pack to a hump pack and stick it inbetween the Tekno RC pack and the tank. Put some memory foam under the pack and strap it down with one of those quick release ties. I also got two slimline snap cases for the plug connectors and then modded those to make them water proof so the recharge and battery connections are tight clean, away from any moisture and water.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:58 AM
SIM2U
Banned

Alright...i just updated the gallery with the mods - except Hot Racings BB engine mount. looking pretty good and Im still waiting on the engine. ill post some footage later.