Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Maxx t-e

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 09:29 PM
MiniBasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxx t-e

whats up. I have a tmaxx and i am looking for a good electric monster truck. Looking at the emaxx so i can have matching trucks. Is the emaxx reliable, i heard something about the 2 speed tranny being bad. I love my t maxx and figured the emaxx would great machine to add to my fleet.

Second question is I have a sirio .18 with about 1 gallon threw it. Compression wise the engine is very strong. Hard to turn over by hand. I have a temp guage and monitor temp on my t maxx. Never have I let into 270f or above. I also use a motor saver airfilter and after run oil. the one bad thing about this motor is the shaft that the one way bearing rides on is grooved from a exploding oneway bearing. Now the engine eats oneway bearings in 2 or 3 tanks of fuel. All of the other parts are in order. No play in the conrod or crank shaft. If one were to throw their rear plate and shaft assembly from their tired sirio on to my fresh one it would work great. Is anyone interested in a almost perfect engine. I would include the motor with a good glow plug. Turbo button, case, header, and instructions. I went with a new 2.5r, so i don't need the motor anymore. It has always been adult owned so if there is any interest please let me know. thank you for reading my thread.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Yakueb

Default RE: Maxx t-e

The two speed problems on the emaxx are semi-exaggerated. It happens, but only to a few trucks. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The emaxx is a great truck, and IMO the best electric monster out there.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:38 PM
mike403

the e-maxx is definetly the best truck out there
my son has one and we putt the brushless on it and it is uncontrollable
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:11 PM
les_222

My E-maxx is very reliable and built E-tuff. Of course it has the same weak points like a T-maxx, but once that is fixed it is a awesome truck.