Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

After 2 years

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Harvick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After 2 years

After 2 years I think my stock bulkheads on my Maxx are done. They did not even break. I had a screw break off in there. So I decided it is time for upgrades. Instead of sharing what you THINK I should get, how about if everyone tells me WHAT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE ON YOUR TRUCK. Feel free to mention if you like them or don't. I don't think RPM makes bulkheads so I will probably go with aluminum. I would like your help before laying out the cash.

Thanks in advance,

Happy Harvick
Old 10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: After 2 years

Stocks lasted two years, why not just go back with them? I mean why spend the extra money when the stock ones really did not fail you? They're cheaper and lighter and obviously durable. I could see upgrading if there were some obvious advantage but ,other than bling, I don't see one.
For the record and in keeping with your request, I still have the stock bulkheads on my Maxx and it's a Pro.15 upgraded to a 2.5r.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Harvick

I could stay with the stock ones, but I feel once and only once a part needs to be replaced why not upgrade? Maybe then I will get 3 plus years out of them.

Thanks for you response.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:15 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Harvick

I could stay with the stock ones, but I feel once and only once a part needs to be replaced why not upgrade? Maybe then I will get 3 plus years out of them.

Thanks for you response.
I understand that. That's how I do it. Only upgrade when something breaks, I mean.
I guess the thing I question is weather or not aluminium is actually an "upgrade". To me, the term "upgrade" implys an improvement of some sort and I'm just not convinced that aluminium bulkheads are in fact an improvement. Those are just my thoughts and yours may well be different and it is your truck after all.
So, Good Luck with what ever you decide.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Harvick

Maybe aluminum bulkheads is not an upgrade. I don't feel aluminum control arms are, I prefer RPM, they are light and indestructable. That's why I asked what everyone has. I think I can tell more by what people actually use, as compared to what they "think" you should buy. So far, stock looks like the way to go seeing you are the only one who answered yet.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
gkcontra

I still have a stock front bulk on all of my maxx's and on the race maxx(which is the oldest, most used) I have GPM rear bulks. I went to them after breaking a rear for the 2nd time, wish I'd have done it after the 1st...

Old 10-17-2006, 09:19 PM
dgz69er

Integy

I'm kidding.

I have american cnc machining bulkheads on my tmaxx. They are great. They are light compared to other aluminum bulkheads. I replaced with aluminum, because I broke a plastic one. Being like most people. I replaced them with something better. They can get pricey but are well worth the money.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 PM
les_222

I got integy alluminum bulkheads on my E-maxx and had them on my T-maxx that i sold. I love them. I don't break bulkheads no more.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Infinite Gundam

I have Powerhobby aluminium bulkheads, identical to the ACNCM ones. Broke the stock rear where the shock tower was mounted. To me this is one crucial upgrade, never have to worry about breaking them and all the trouble to replace, and I have not managed to bend them so far.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:58 PM
2.5 flex

i got all integry on my truck, and havent broken ne thing i have how ever bent the frount shock tower doin about 35 into a civc , but i bent it back and kept going, i like them , i got a few picts of my truck on my profile, i like the integry and how much it cost me to get it all lol..........
Old 10-20-2006, 06:33 PM
nitrorcjunkie

I am currently using the gray T-Maxx 3.3 bulks after breaking numerous sets of stock black ones. Bought a set of Integy aluminum bulks, but broke them on a huge jump. The hinge pin bosses broke on both front bulks. ANY brand of aluminum parts made from 6061 aluminum are too soft ofr the kind of punishment a maxx can dish out, especially the bulkheads. There is a lot of stress from a lot of different places on the bulkheads. The gray material used to make the traxxas parts is tough as hell, My LHS commented that I haven't replaced a front skidplate since I switched to the gray.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:20 PM
THE_REAL_JESSIE_JAMES

I like the integy i,ve herd bad things but never exsperienced none so i like them they look good and have ben durable to me just one mans opp
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12991.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	544840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33094.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	544841