Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo2.5 please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 08:37 AM
thekid1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo2.5 please help

hi all i just buy a revo 2.5 . i usually run on street with onroad and buggy , but i never win ,my revo is too slow and now i want upgrade for my revo ( more faster ) please help ( i have about 300usd) thanks
Old 10-18-2006, 08:58 AM
DaveG55

Default RE: revo2.5 please help

Two things...
First, Since you're new to the hobby you probably need to learn and practice tuning before you spend a lot of money trying to upgrade/speed up the Revo. Tuned right a stock Revo 2.5 should be able to do around 40mph.
Second, If your trying to beat buggys and on road cars in speed you're fighting a never ending AND losing battle. The Revo was never intended or designed to compete with those vehicles anymore than an on road car was intended to go off road.

You're never going to get a Revo to compete with an on road car. If you can get it fast enough your handling and turning will be really, really bad. Yeah, you may get to the speed of the buggys and even be able to compete with them on handling but the cost will probably e way more than the $300 you have to spend.
So, if you want to compete with the cars and buggies the best thing to do, IMHO, is to sell the Revo and take that money and your other $300 and get a fast buggy or on road car.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:04 AM
89ram

too bad you did'nt get a 3.3! you could put in a larger motor and different clutch bell and spur gears. if you don't already have a wheelie bar, you'll probably need one. a 3.3 chassis or extended a-arms for the rear will help keep the nose down a bit. i've got a spare 3.3, it was replaced by an axial .32! [5.3!]
Old 10-18-2006, 09:06 AM
89ram

dave's right about the on-road car and buggy thing. i had a nitro ntc3+, what a screaming handful!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:34 PM
thekid1982

can i use ofna 26 max with 2.5 chassis ? and how fast if i use ofna 26 for revo ? last question where i can buy FOAM TIRES for REVO? ( look like serpent tires) thanks all , ofna 26 and sportwerks 26 V2 http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7458
which one better ?