Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

It started off as an ordinary, unsuspecting Revo...

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

It started off as an ordinary, unsuspecting Revo...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:07 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It started off as an ordinary, unsuspecting Revo...

The life of my Revo:

It all started with a normal Revo:

But this revo wasn't enough for the track. I had to be upgraded, modified, things added, weight removed, and more.

Soon it began to take the shape of a racer.
Shown:

But even then, it was only a wanna-be racer REVO.

This is how the Saga began for me, as this is how I received my first REVO.

I immediatly added a 1/8 buggy wing and mount, since it would increase downforce, make it look cooler, and serve as a wheelie bar. 23mm hexes were added for increased durability, and a wide range of wheels. I added more fuel tubing, and a fuel filter, put in a single, powerful servo. But after a trip to the track, changes had to be made.

This is what I had:

I soon realized in order to be a racer, I couldn't compete with this. It weighed too much, had an inefficient starting system, and was simply too heavy, and too weak of an engine. But how?

I realized what had to be done, and quickly ordered a big-block system, and installed it along with a huge Sportwerks 26 engine. This beast lit up the tires, like a flashlight lights up a dark room.

The beast had awaken from within:

Soon a trip to the track proved that yet more had to be done, and I ordered the Pythons 2DMaxLST had been holding for me. I quickly reinstalled the 23mm adapters that had been removed in order to run the beast. They were dirty, as expected, and after about an hour of scrubbing, I get the cleanness back!!

And this is how she sits:

Further hop-ups will include a bump-box, JD carbon pushrods, turnbuckles, and hingepins, and a LRP Spec 3 motor
Old 10-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Fiegs

Default RE: It started off as an ordinary, unsuspecting Revo...

its like a story

now for the rest of the story the good guy(revo) goes to the track to race against the bad guys(LST,MGT,Savage)
the revo is losing at the start of the race, then a after a quick pit stop the revo catches up and wins!!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:47 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: It started off as an ordinary, unsuspecting Revo...

Or how it really is, the Revo guy is winning, is heading by 67 laps, falls asleep, and finishes one lap to win.