Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Wheels for T-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 04:18 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels for T-Maxx

I'm about to buy some wheels for the T-Maxx. I want to get Velocity 6 40 Series wheels and Big Joe tires. I have the narrow arms. Do you guys think I'll have clearance issues with the suspension arms? Thanks.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:53 PM
rcdude37

Default RE: Wheels for T-Maxx

if i am correct, the back spacing of the wheels is the same, if not the 40s actually have less than the stock traxxas wheels... i have the velocity wheels, and stock ones.. and this is what i have found... but honestly i would rather have bead loc's than glue type wheels.. yes they cost more money, but i have taken too many tires off the wheels... i also stripped my wheel hubs out so i had to get new ones, i think the plastic is a bit soft... maby it is just me, but try some alum hubs and you might be "ok"

i can measure to check the back spacing if needed...
Old 10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
BAMF90

Do your velocity 40 series fit on your Maxx with any clearing issues though? Thanks for the help, I'm just a bit nervous about buying em.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:07 PM
BAMF90

OK, I need an answer quick. Will they fit for sure without any clearance issues? It would be great if someone posted pictures of the wheels turned completely to one side so I can see the clearance. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:33 PM
rcdude37

the stock spacing is 1 5/8 and the 40s are 1 15/16.... so if you took off more then a half inch you will be close... but no i had NO porblems with them on my maxx... i think there was almost an inch of space when fronts were turned... hope this helps