Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo basher blues!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 10:18 PM
dewberryb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo basher blues!

Some times I wonder why I took this hobby up again. I quit before because of where I live. About four Years ago I lived in Tokyo. RC Shops were ten times better than the ones in the states. I had the ability to customize my cars because of the large variety of parts they carried. Example my old Kyosho MKII World Cup car had a Super10 two speed clutch and a hand made .21 that was the same size as a .15. The different compounds of tires. Example 40s, 35s, 30s, 25s, and the super soft 20s. Brands like Pit Shimazu and Sorex! Why don't we have those compounds in the US. My favorite Cross R34 Skyline GTR body. A hole wall with nothing but Mugen parts, or Serpent. Now I live in BFE Oklahoma with this REVO that I thought I would have fun bashing with. I raced at tracks like TechnoGP and BOSS RC. I wish I could go back! I'm not trying to nock the bashers but for me I find it hard the jump ramps and tear around the local park. I get board. I want to run my truck and if I bust something I want to walk to the tracks shop and buy what I need on the spot! Now I bust it I have to wait around for a week! This sucks! I guess you get spoiled living in Japan. I also made the mistake of taking all of my AE-86 parts from my drift car in Japan and built a 86 Corolla here. Now I have this drift car that sits in the garage. Why me!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:15 PM
LJ NITRO
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Revo basher blues!

Sorry for your misfortunes. You live around my hometown. Military here. Oklahoma City has a few good shops although not as grand as you described in Japan but none the less good.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:16 AM
dewberryb

Competition RC isn't to bad!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:20 AM
SPPaintball

I don't have any good RC stores around here. The only hobby shops less than 15 miles away specialize in trains, and only have a few rc car things. They pretty much have fuel, after run oil, and glow plugs.

Everything else I have to order online.