Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Forward flip!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forward flip!?!

One of my beer drinking buddies came over for a couple cold ones and to check out my new "toy truck" he calls it..Well after a few rounds around the yard and a few 6ft jumps and back flips off the ramp,,he said he has got to get one..So I figured I will hand over the TX and finish him off just to make sure he does get one..He did a few laps around the yard and was having a blast when I told him to go ahead and hit the ramp kinda soft while explaining how to tap the breaks or give throttle to correct it in the air..

He got a bead on the ramp and let er rip[X(],,I didnt say anything but when it left the ramp,he hit the breaks and did a forward flip and almost landed it!! I didnt know you could do that!! he was like"Im sorry man, Im really sorry".I was amazed by it,,so took the TX back and tried it , did the flip but landed square on its tail gate and back tires I have something loose with the left back wheel,,seems like the axle carrier,,but will check into it tomorrow..

Kinda long thread,,but had no idea you could do a forward flip(never crossed my mind)..DO you guys do this with no problems?? Could use some advice on how to land it,,maybe just let off the breaks 3/4 way through it or what??

Cant beleive my buddy almost showed me up on his first jump!!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Forward flip!?!

You could tighten your brakes and just hit it as soon as the back tires get up in the air ( it works for me)
Old 02-02-2007, 07:02 PM

so you dont have to hit the throttle or anything to come out of it?? I only tried it once and called it quits ..I got some advice on here with the back flips to let off the throttle around 3/4 through the flip..I tried it and it lands perfect everytime,,I guess your saying I prob didnt complete the flip all the way,,makes sense on how it landed...I guess it didnt flip fast enough, so more brakes should get it done.?.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well front flips are harder to do ( IMO)

well my jump isnt that big so i just hold and pray!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:15 PM

ha ha , you sound like me,,I will try that and see how it does..Im not sure if I slammed the breaks or what when it left the ramp,,I will tighten them up a bit before I try it again and see what happens[>:]

I did about 4 foot jump when i tried it and still landed on its rear,,so I would say you got it right with not enough breaks.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:19 PM

if you see that its not going to land on the wheels you can always hit the throttle to complete the flip!!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:36 PM

yeah , when I think it over,,its like it wasnt enough brakes or could of hit throttle to complete it..I just notice that when I have to hit throttle in the air,, it does not respond as quick as using the brakes...Could be my little 2.5r
Old 02-03-2007, 01:43 AM

I find front flips easier than backflips, providing you have a decent size jump with a nice lip like a kicker.