Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Which truck to buy.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 08:06 AM
jarett 92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which truck to buy.

and to answer ur question the EZ start is a built in glow plug ignitor and starts it and everything with a push of a button. no need to deal with pull starts or blow plug ignitors. Just one of the many great points of a Revo Just recharge your 7.2V battery...put it in the ez start and wallah.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:59 AM
running_gag

Why hasn't anybody suggestes the s-maxx?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:21 AM
carbon revo

uh, uh, uh uh oh ya, it's an S-maxx.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:20 PM
ajbroullett123

SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE. I dont know what every one else has said. But i have 2 t-maxx's and one savage for a reason. My savage doesnt break half as much as my t-maxx's do. The savage is just desined way better and it is way faster. T-maxx or the Revo in my mind is not an entry level nitro rc car. I would recomend the savage before the revo or t-maxx.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:37 PM
dude7422

hay all hello you may want to hold up on that new truck for a couple weeks maker says march 2007 lol this is the one iam looking at
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35685.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	620698  
Old 02-13-2007, 02:52 PM
gettnbetter

ORIGINAL: dude7422

hay all hello you may want to hold up on that new truck for a couple weeks maker says march 2007 lol this is the one iam looking at
That thing looks fun! Kinda like a Gas SavageMaxx!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Beasley1

How much is that thing gonna be?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:20 PM
89ram

ORIGINAL: dude7422

yeah, come on! you have to give us more than just a pic, you tease!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:56 PM
uru1121

I THINK THAT NO OTHER TRUCK IN THE HISTORY OF RC HAS THE SUSPENTION LIKE THE REVO, IT IS A TRUE AWSOME STRONG TRUCK I RECOMENDED 100000000000000000000000000000 % T-MAXX TOO OLD, AND SAVAGE TOO HEAVY.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:58 PM
jarett 92

yeah u can't compare the savage to a maxx...we're comparing the savage to a revo. in that case the revo is better. REVOOOO
Old 02-13-2007, 11:39 PM
revodude503

I have a revo right now and I'm buying a savage x this week. The revos are great trucks but I want a serious basher. I haven't been able to run my revo lately because stupid little parts break like driveshaft yolks, shock mounts, bulkheads, ect. I love my revo and would never sell it but I just want two mt's for bashing. Oh and don't buy a tmaxx, that's just old technology with a 3.3 stuffed in it
Old 02-15-2007, 01:19 AM
naynay12

In these type of forums no1 ever mesioned the lst2.It may be a bit expensice but if tuned correctly it can be faster then the revo and savage,and is proabaly the most durabale truck if you just jump.Revo has better handling and may look a bit better in videos and i may look like an idiot,though go the lst2!Look in the lst2 forums every1 will say are you serious?Your really gona bu the savage or revo 3.3 over the lst2!!!Lol.Its true.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:27 AM
BrendanS

ORIGINAL: naynay12

In these type of forums no1 ever mesioned the lst2.It may be a bit expensice but if tuned correctly it can be faster then the revo and savage,and is proabaly the most durabale truck if you just jump.Revo has better handling and may look a bit better in videos and i may look like an idiot,though go the lst2!Look in the lst2 forums every1 will say are you serious?Your really gona bu the savage or revo 3.3 over the lst2!!!Lol.Its true.
very true, this is said many times but is a very good quote to go by:
savage/lst2: hardcore bashing
t-maxx: bit of light everything (race, bash, street etc. etc.)
revo: race a little bit of bash

also the tamiya tnx5.2r is a really nice truck. It's like a stronger t-maxx with a bigger chassis
Old 02-15-2007, 02:19 AM
Revo_Rash

probably why we never mention the LSt2 is because this is a TRAXXAS forum not TEAM Losi. My recommendation is the REVO. BUILT TO BE THE BEST. SURPASSED by none. you have to remember the lineup of traxxas trucks and they way they got to the revo. Yes the T-maxx might be a cool truck and everything but the R&D that went into designing and building the revo is the best there is. The Revo is build off the T-maxx platform, it's just been Tweaked and vastly improved. Made into a better handling truck with a state of the art suspension system that allows for hundreds of suspension setup's. The revo is more agile and stable than the maxx. It really just depends on what you are buying the truck for and how you will use it. One bit of advise is defiantly talk with your LHS before you buy one, If anything they have some of the most insightful opinions about the trucks and will be able to point you in to the right direction for your specific application. Revo is a great platform because you can Bash with it (and trust me I know because I bash all the time with it. I actually try to break parts so I can upgrade them and have been very unsuccessful at doing so. even when running into a curb at FULL THROTTLE) and then later on as your skill progresses and you start looking for a more race breed truck, you only have to upgrade a few parts to make it competition worthy. I mean out of the box it's a race truck none the less of you can tune it correctly.
But there is just so much room for tuning to YOUR individual likings each revo becomes very different with each user. we all have our things and setups that work and those that don't but it's one of the most solid platforms to start on. I give the revo a 5 star rating. for ease of use, tuning, and maintenance. Not to mention there's like millions of hop up parts available.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:28 AM
BrendanS

ORIGINAL: Revo_Rash

probably why we never mention the LSt2 is because this is a TRAXXAS forum not TEAM Losi. My recommendation is the REVO. BUILT TO BE THE BEST. SURPASSED by none. you have to remember the lineup of traxxas trucks and they way they got to the revo. Yes the T-maxx might be a cool truck and everything but the R&D that went into designing and building the revo is the best there is. The Revo is build off the T-maxx platform, it's just been Tweaked and vastly improved. Made into a better handling truck with a state of the art suspension system that allows for hundreds of suspension setup's. The revo is more agile and stable than the maxx. It really just depends on what you are buying the truck for and how you will use it. One bit of advise is defiantly talk with your LHS before you buy one, If anything they have some of the most insightful opinions about the trucks and will be able to point you in to the right direction for your specific application. Revo is a great platform because you can Bash with it (and trust me I know because I bash all the time with it. I actually try to break parts so I can upgrade them and have been very unsuccessful at doing so. even when running into a curb at FULL THROTTLE) and then later on as your skill progresses and you start looking for a more race breed truck, you only have to upgrade a few parts to make it competition worthy. I mean out of the box it's a race truck none the less of you can tune it correctly.
But there is just so much room for tuning to YOUR individual likings each revo becomes very different with each user. we all have our things and setups that work and those that don't but it's one of the most solid platforms to start on. I give the revo a 5 star rating. for ease of use, tuning, and maintenance. Not to mention there's like millions of hop up parts available.
cant agree with you more rash. I made the mistake of not doing research and just got a t-maxx. I've wanted one ever since i were about 10 or 11. I was playing with old tamiya onroads at the time. I always told my uncle i wanted a t-maxx really bad. Well 2 and a half years ago my mom got me one and I thought it was the best mt out there. Well the revo was just out at the time when i was getting my maxx and i remember my lhs owner saying "I've sold many rc's to the right people, but have sold more rc's to the wrong people, They expect me to fix EVERY little thing for them instead of learning." I guess he sold it to the wrong guy (me) at first, because i never knew a thing. he also told me a revo would be a nice choice. He said "In a couple years everything is gunna be revo this, revo that. The t-maxx is going to get old" But stubborn me I got a maxx. I'm not saying it's bad but, the revo is the new level of rc. You can make it into an awesome racer, basher, or dragster(maybe not really LOL). The t-maxx can do all this but is going to have weaker spots which the revo already covers. To be honest, get a revo and you can start it off as a basher which is what i did, and then when you get into the "race phase" you can make it into one nice ass racer. I tried making my maxx a racer, but now i realized, it isn't worth spending half the money i do making my maxx what it is now. I can probably get 350 tops for mine. [:@] Get a revo, trust me you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:19 AM
Revo_Rash

well said, about what your lhs guy told you. They do make more money selling the wrong rc's to the wrong people. than the right rc's for the right applications.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:58 AM
revodude503

If that's the case then why are over 99% of revos racers. I'm a basher and it gets old seing these jiffy modded, lowered, shaved every ounce of wheight revos. With the amount of articulation it has why would you want to race it? Why put $1500 into a race revo intead of a buggy or truggy? I just don't understand.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Revo_Rash

ORIGINAL: revodude503

If that's the case then why are over 99% of revos racers. I'm a basher and it gets old seing these jiffy modded, lowered, shaved every ounce of wheight revos. With the amount of articulation it has why would you want to race it? Why put $1500 into a race revo intead of a buggy or truggy? I just don't understand.
I bash mine more than race so... I have fun with mine. I don't try to shave every ounce of weight off or anything like that I just try to break it so i can eventually upgrade to aluminum.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:17 AM
snowman9496

get revo !!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:32 AM
madtr

I agree with the quote and it still depends on what you are going to do with it ,i have a nice maxx and a stampede but i also have a few others for different applications and do not brand bash because i have several brands of trucks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68378.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	622722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16231.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	622723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95151.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	622724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw62891.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	622725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb37555.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	622726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lc48792.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	622727  
Old 02-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Revo_Rash

w00t w00t Revo revo revo revo revo..... Money well invested.