Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo with O.S. motor OWB Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:21 PM
acompdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo with O.S. motor OWB Problems

Ok, my revo has an O.S. .18 TM and it has messed up two one way bearings in less than a week. Is there something in particular that can cause that or what. I have never had this problem before and any help would be great!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:23 PM
quinnell51

Default RE: Revo with O.S. motor OWB Problems

Do you have the ez start on it?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:45 PM
acompdude

No, I have a pull start on it.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 PM
acompdude

Any ideas guys???
Old 03-03-2007, 03:56 AM
87warrior

take the motor off the truck and spray the backing plate down with soem break cleaner blow it off with compressed air then clean the owb and pube it up and try it then it soulds like you are getting crud in the blacking plate causeing the owb to go bad.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Rotorranch

ORIGINAL: 87warrior

take the motor off the truck and spray the backing plate down with soem break cleaner blow it off with compressed air then clean the owb and pube it up and try it then it soulds like you are getting crud in the blacking plate causeing the owb to go bad.
I don't even want to know!

Rotor
Old 03-03-2007, 05:19 PM
87warrior

i ment lube miss tipe on accedent
Old 03-03-2007, 05:31 PM
acompdude

Ok, that pube joke was hilarious.

Anyway, what should I use to lube the bearing with? Is there anything else I can clean that backplate and all with or does it need to be brake cleaner?

Just in case you are wonering what is happening with the bearing I will let you know. This is what happened both times. I was going wide open and then I let off the throttle and the motor cut off. When I got to the truck to crank it back up the pull cord would not go back in and both times it was the one way bearing. So I figured something was going on.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:03 AM
acompdude

Could someone help me with these last two questions. What should I use to lube the bearing with? Is there anything else I can clean that backplate and all with or does it need to be brake cleaner?
Old 03-04-2007, 12:11 AM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

you can clean it with a lil fuel on a rag.. if the light residue bothers you you can wipe over it once with a rubbing alcohol damp "lightly" paper towel.. it will dissolve the oil and leave it nice and clean ive found the best thing to do with a one way is spray it out with some wd-40 itll work for a couple more days maybe a week..

the real issue is you need to find out WHY its happening

1 cause could be hydro lock while your pulling and that sudden jerk from the pinch and hydraulic pressure breaks it

another could be poor bearing and heat issues cracking it inspect it well and look for signs of stress check the driven shaft for wear "tail of the crank" all of that
if all else fails get a better brand of OWB for it that may be the entire issue right there and may solve your problems all together
Old 03-04-2007, 01:09 AM
totse

http://www.totse.com/
Old 03-04-2007, 10:07 AM
mgarzoli

I noticed that the starter shaft on the Tm is shorter than that on the TRX. I noticed this when installing my rotostart. I put the oneway in the rotostart installed it on the motor and then carefully removed the rotostart leaving the oneway on the starter shaft to see how far it was on the shaft. It was only on half way. Now if you put the oneway on the starter shaft first it does go on all the way but, the potential for it to move outward away from the motor backplate is there.If it does slide half on half off this would surely compromise the oneway and starter shaft. I fixed this by making a spacer that I screwd to the rotostart that fills in the void from the end of the starter shaft to the rotostart.
I dont know if the pull start is the same but, its worth checking out.
Mike
Old 03-04-2007, 10:27 AM
cujoman

i was hearing lil' clacking sound from that OWB area, so i cleaned it out the other day with wd-40 and q-tip... regreased it with automotive wheel bearing grease and never heard or had a problem with it since...it's been 3 weeks already. when you regrease the bearing make sure you put some around the starting shaft and inside the bearing itself. good luck!