Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Forward only conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Nason

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Forward only conversion

I've been thinkin alot about get a foc for my t-maxx w/ the 3.3. My shift servo is dead and I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet, so i'm kinda gettin used to having no reverse. My question is, is it really that big of a difference performance wise? This truck is fast as it is with this new 3.3 in it, but what characteristics of the running are improved? I'm assuming it will allow for more top end speed, but how does it affect the low end snap?? wheelies for days, or what??

Try to sell me on the idea of no reverse in exchange for a bit more performance....
Old 03-06-2007, 08:04 PM
carl250r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Forward only conversion

i put it in my truck. i dont know who much faster it goes. I can tell you it hauls but though.

what i like about it is that it gets rid of some of the useless junk on my truck. there is enough crap on it allready with the eazy start and the big ugly battey and resiever boxes
Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 PM
gettnbetter

Won't make much speed difference. Just less parts and forward only for more reliability.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:15 PM
89ram

ORIGINAL: gettnbetter

Won't make much speed difference. Just less parts and forward only for more reliability.
i would agree.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:19 PM
rcdudegermy10

It won't make a ton of difference in speed but it is noticable. Also with the foc you have less gears that could strip (and parts that could have something go wrong with them). It takes some weight off of your truck, so that when you land it's easier on your truck. Just to let you know I got the foc, b/c I thought it was better, and also you would want it if you raced. So, it won't help your truck a lot, but it will give you a small increase in speed
Old 03-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Nason

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't race, just a basher.... Well, if it's not a reasonable difference, I think for now I'll just throw another servo in it and keep my ol' faithful reverse...it saves me a lot of walking
Old 03-07-2007, 06:29 AM
RCar

Since it's just the servo problem, and the reverse has not failed you yet, why remove it?