Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Breaking in Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:27 AM
RCintheNORTH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking in Engine

Hey,
Would it be bad to do my break in procedure in two different sessions? For example, burn the first two tanks one day, then the remaining three tanks the next day.
Thanks
Old 03-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Super Bob

Default RE: Breaking in Engine

I don't see that being a problem...But I'd recommend after run oil betwen sessions. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:59 AM
RCintheNORTH

Another worry of mine is that I dont have a temp gauge. I'm expecting one in the mail very shortly, should I wait till that comes so I can properly monitor the engine?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:59 AM
jarett 92

i did that on mine cause we had bad weather after i started...so i did it. i only have 1 gallon through it but its still running good
Old 03-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Super Bob

You wont be doing alot of wide open throttle runs during break in. I would go ahead and break it in. The temp. gun will be more usefull once broke in...
Old 03-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Dil

just heat cycle the motor, and run it normally dont do the idle crap!, and its not necessary to do it over tow days, finish it at once, while the engine is well lubricated, other than doin it over two days,
Old 03-24-2007, 02:43 PM
125cchyperman

Doing it over two days wont hurt the engine but I do advise that it is done all at once. I advise that you do the heat cycle method when breakign in the engine as Dil said but having the temp gun is not a must have. I never used a temp gun and dont plan on using one any time real soon, I heat cycle me engine and get pretty good engine life out of them. I have a .18cvr that I heat cycled and expect 10+ gallons out of it ,as long as nothing big goes wrong that I cant controll.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:08 PM
RCintheNORTH

The cycle method is burning a tank then ajusting the mixture and so on for 5 tanks. I am wrong?