Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

hot pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hot pipe

i got my trucks temp to 348 and melted the pipe. [:@]i stop it and let it cool.i put a rear pipe on. should i change the piston and sleeve to . it looks burnt. and wont stay running now
Old 04-16-2007, 08:20 PM

Default RE: hot pipe

A first guess would say you smoked your motor, but before you jump to that conclusion, how long did it run at that temp? What were you doing when it got that hot? You say you melted your pipe, then you say you put a rear pipe on.....do you have two different pipes? Were you running it without a pipe on it? A few more details would help out here.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:42 PM

i was running it in a field at wot. it started to cut out so i brought it in got temp reading and shut it off. i was having a hard time tunning it thats when i found the melted pipe. got a new one a hurricane rear pipe. now it starts and stalls,so its either tunnig or a cooked mill. if its the mill the 3.3 will be going in
Old 04-16-2007, 08:50 PM

350 ain't squat.

it prolly was at 400 when you had it pegged but still, them thigs are tough.

does it pop when you turn it by hand?

you want to go through the fuel system ,clean the carb maybe and put it all back to factory and ,with a new glow plug try to fire that sucker up. i bet she will live again.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:51 PM

I would take a stab here and say it was tuning that made the engine get that hot, and its still tuning that is keeping you from getting it to start and stay running. If I were you I would return the engine to factory settings and see if you can get the engine to run. Getting an engine that hot once and not running it for a long period of time in most cases wont fry an engine. But then again its not good for it either. Before you go out and spend a bunch of money on a new engine, work on tuning would be my suggestion. Tuning takes patience, do not get frustrated and start turning screws half turns because things are not going as quickly as you want. To do it right 1/8 turns is all that are needed, and you should keep an eye on engine temps every couple minutes while tuning to make sure you dont have the same problem again.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:59 PM

stop it . [:-]i want my wife to think the motor is fried lol but thanks for the help