Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Was running great...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:27 AM
ajb1205

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was running great...

I am new to rc and have had my Revo 3.3 for about a month now...IT IS A BLAST!!! I have about half a gallon through my 3.3 now. Today I was on my 3rd tank for the day when my Revo began to loose power, not shift into second gear and have, what I call anyway, a lot of fuel coming out the exhaust pipe (dripping pretty good!). I leaned it out continuously (about a 1/2 turn or so gradually) but could not get the temps over to climb over 200 F (have been around 230 - 240) and the sluggish performance continued so I shut it down. Until now, it has run like a top...I have done the usual after run and filter maintenance to the "t". Any suggestions...bad glow plug, plug wire...air leaks..."GULP" damaged engine (have never overheated). The air filter was barely even dirty, so that shouldn't have been affecting it.

Another problem I have been having too...is that the charger that came with the revo will not charge my NiCad pack for my EZstart...i have even tried a new battery and it will blink for 10 minutes or so and then go solid. Even when I unplug it and plug it back in it will blink for 20 seconds and go solid. I got my buddy to charge it up with his aftermarket charger and it worked fine. Waiting for my LHS to get in some NiMH bats...hopefully will solve my problem.

Anyway, back to the main issue...anyone maybe know what the heck is going on???
Old 04-30-2007, 10:24 AM
DaveG55

Default RE: Was running great...

It sounds extremely rich.
Reset the carb needles to factory settings and retune it.

The stock charger is not that great. Buying a new battery won't help. You need to buy a decent peak detection charger.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:51 AM
KILL--ROY

Check your clutch, it needs to be cleaned or replaced.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 AM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

I would suspect a glow plug. If the glow plug stops burning hot enough, it's not going to burn enough fuel to power it and hence your fuel coming out the pipe.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:13 PM
ajb1205

Thanks for the info guys. Just have to wait for it to stop raining to try it out.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:59 AM
ajb1205

So it was the glow plug...plus I found a fray in the glow plug wire. Just had to tune it a little and it now seems to have even more power (could have been a bad plug from the start).
Again, thanks for the input guys.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:11 AM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

Yup!! Glad you found the problem.