Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Clutch spring broke

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 08:42 PM
jessemxt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch spring broke

I just got finished upgrading my Revo with a center diff, rear brake, and 40 series wheels and tires oh yeah I put 300k oil in the center diff and I was driving it like I usually do WOT and my clutch spring busted. So any good upgrades or should I just stick with stock?
Old 05-06-2007, 09:37 PM
flaminheli

Default RE: Clutch spring broke

The center diff and rear brake are usually intended for racing? When you installed the 40 series tires you scratched the racing idea. Your clutch spring broke? So install a new one and throw in a set of MIP shoes while your at it, since you will not be racing all you need are the MIPs.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:00 PM
jessemxt

yeah I dont race alot but I was having alot off trouble with wheelies so the center diff stopped that and also I did notice a big improvement over the stock tires. Thanks flamin
Old 05-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Beasley1

I just got this but I havent installed it yet so I couldnt tell you how good it is but it should fix your problems.

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/8553]http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/8553[/link]
Old 05-07-2007, 09:03 AM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

The MIP is more adjustable with the different holes, but it can make it more confusing and frustrating if installed incorrectly. Other than that, both are equal to reliability and just general use. The springs are probably bought from the same supplier.
Stock is cheaper while the MIP has more features that you will probably not use.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:51 AM
landrew

My spring broke right at the ends. One of the loops was no longer there. In a pinch I bent a loop back in place conected them together and it has held for a while now.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:35 AM
slayerphonics

Just buy a new stock one. 8 bucks and easy.. how many gallons on that clutch? i got about 4 or 5 gallons on my stock clutch.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:13 PM
jessemxt

I had about a gallon and a half when she blew I went and bought to new springs for 3 bucks plus tax thanks for the help fellas