Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo 2.5r will not start. at all.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 02:16 PM
jarett 92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo 2.5r will not start. at all.

hey guys i just got my new filter and pipe and i drove it once at my friends house, i didnt really get th full affect casue i couldnt find the sweet spot yet with the tuning. and that day i stripped a spur. so i put a new spur on and i cant get it started. no fuel will go into the engine. so i thought it might be an airleak. so i changed all the fuel lines. nothing. any idea's? i also got a fresh plug so i know thats not the problem.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:24 PM
cujoman

Default RE: revo 2.5r will not start. at all.

does it turn over? and are you priming it? and do you see any fuel leakage?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:35 PM
jarett 92

yes yes and no
Old 05-10-2007, 02:45 PM
cujoman

check your cooling head bolts, make sure they are tight. also, check your gas tank rubber seal and see that is not broken.... and this gave me a headache once, press the gas tank lid.. press it down so no pressure escapes... try it and let me know. also, you said the plug is new, but is it lighting up? i had a brand new plug one time that was defective too.. oh yeah, one last resort would be to give it a little throttle as you are starting it...
Old 05-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Dorsil

So engine is getting fuel.. it turns over..

Check glow plug

if thats working

Reset high and low to Factory defaults.

Try again.

If you are getting fuel, its turning over, you have a working glow plug.. and the settings are default..

you have either a huge air leak.. or a busted engine

Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
jarett 92

its not getting fuel thats the problem. i go to prime it and none of the fuel in the fuel line moves.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
teamhex

try cleaning the carb and check your fuel lines. If its been setting that might affect it...let my revo sit for 3 months with out after run oil and it wouldnt pull fuel try spraying some break cleaner or carb cleaner in there and thur your fuel lines
Old 05-10-2007, 02:59 PM
cujoman

use your throttle trim on the controller to open up your carb as you're priming it.... you should see fuel run through the lines right off the bat. did you the check the rubber seal in the tank?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:59 PM
jarett 92

it sat for a day.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:42 PM
jarett 92

okay so i tightened the cooling head screws as tight as i could and it helped...i had to prime it for like 30 seconds straight, but the fuel slowly moved...way too slow to even think about firing. idk what to do. i also held the lid to the tank and it did nothing.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Caramel_Slim

Here's were some pictures might help, but then again, we would need a million angles. this sort of happened to me, but when I found the problem, it was REALLY obvious. It happened to my Savage after a decent day of bashing.. What ended up happening was I had a hole in the fuel tank in an area where even if I filled to almost full, it didn't leak.

I hate to say it, but it's going to be frustrating to find this leak. There's always the soapy water test, but that can get messy.

Also, don't hate me for this question, but when trying to trouble shoot, one should start from the "Duh!" type of solutions and work your way to more difficult and obscure solutions. You said that you changed your pipe.. did you also change the header and if you did, did you change the header seal or did you leave the old one??

Don't worry, there's a light at the end of this tunnel. If you don't fix it, it's time to upgrade to 3.3!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:06 PM
jarett 92

well i did put a new header on and idk about the seal, but i dont dare take it off. that was one of the hardest things to do was to get that stupid spring around the damn engine. i stabbed my finger in the process too. and i want an OS 18tm really bad but i have a little more than 1 gallon in this 2.5 so i dont think its upgrade time yet. i wanna get her running, then just run her all the time. wear it out so i can get an OS
Old 05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Nathan9492

IF u chedcked everything like glow plug, cooling head boltsetc etc, check ur carb, and see if it has any gunk stuck in the HSN, and LSN, if its stuck in the HSN it will stop u from priming it [8D]
Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Caramel_Slim

Good point Nathan..

Do that Jarret, and stop putting headers on with your hands. Your needle nose pliers are great for that.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:17 PM
jarett 92

yeah but i couldnt hold the spring with them...i hate the ez start its always in the way. [sm=punching.gif]
Old 05-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Captain_Nifty

Pull your fuel line and exhaust pressure line OFF your truck, yes, pull it right off the truck, all of it, now, reconnect all the lines back to the engine and exhaust, try firing up now, if it does, either your fuel feed or exhaust pressure line is being pinched by the little clamps that hold them in the loop. dont' forget to check the o-ring in your fuel tank, if need be, reseat it... worked for me up and until my revo 2.5 stopped working...
if it still doesn't work your carb would be the next one to check on...

also in the meanwhile, consider another engine... I've been hearing too many bad things about the TRX line, enough to steer me clear of upgrading to a 3.3...
ORIGINAL: jarett 92

okay so i tightened the cooling head screws as tight as i could and it helped...i had to prime it for like 30 seconds straight, but the fuel slowly moved...way too slow to even think about firing. idk what to do. i also held the lid to the tank and it did nothing.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:37 AM
jarett 92

alright i will try that next. today after school. its 6:30am right now
Old 05-11-2007, 06:03 AM
foreverNight

Thought I'd chime in. There could be a blockage in the fuel tank itself. I had the same problem once, and i was pulling my hair out trying to fix the problem. Turns out there was some dirt granules in the tank were the carb line connects to the tank. Just a suggestion for you.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:55 AM
IOWAREVO

Couple of things:

1st: check the whole fuel delivery system by pulling the fuel line from the carb and the exhaust. Blow into the exhaust line. Any restrictions? do you feel the air coming out the carb line? No, ok, block the carb end with your finger, blow again. Any leaks, hissing? No- Is it tuff to blow with your finger over the other end? If yes then the fuel system is fine, the problem has to be elsewhere.

2nd: Ok, since the the fuel delivery system is fine. There are only two things left: carb or exhaust. I doubt if it is the carb since to have seen fuel in the engine. You can check it though by putting a spare piece of fuel line on the fuel port of the engine and blowing into it. You want to here a hiss for this test. If you don't the port is clogged or your HSN is gummed up.

3rd: Exhaust. Check the header for holes and the coupler between the header & pipe. My guess is this is where the problem is. The coupler HAS to be tight around the header end and the pipe end. Use wires ties.

If everything checks out the only other thing I can think of is the engine isn't getting enough air. Filter's clean, right? You can also lean the LSN a 1/4 turn (clockwise) and see if you can get it started. This will lean the mix a little if your flooding it.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Beasley1

Pull the fuel line off the exahust and blow in it untill the fuel reaches the motor. Then try and fire it up.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:19 PM
jarett 92

alright thanks alot. i'll let u know how it goes.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:52 PM
jarett 92

okay i have an update. well i was looking for what u guys suggested...and i tilted my truck a cirtain way...and a shat load of fuel just came out of no where. so i got tired of it and i took my engine apart (TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY) and i got this. idk how to get the fly wheel off so i couldnt get pics of the whole piston.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41517.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	682327   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28630.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	682328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68543.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	682329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke90787.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	682330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz30331.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	682331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zq95809.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	682332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bd68028.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	682333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt68220.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	682334  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl90110.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	682335  
Old 05-11-2007, 05:35 PM
69eyes

use channel locks and the wrench thing that you used to tighten that antenna nut
Old 05-11-2007, 05:46 PM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

It's your fuel tank cap o-ring, the same thing happenned to me a couple of weeks ago, I replacet the fuel line, and checked everything, I finally took the cap's o-ring off and found that a very small bit had worn off on the back side, facing the spring. I replaced that and now it runs fine.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:06 PM
ttoks

to get the piston out you dont need to take the fly wheel off, grab a zip tie, cut a small piece of it off and drop it on the top of the piston whe it's at BDC, slide the bit of the zip tie over towards the exhaust port untill a little bit of hanging over the eadge of the piston, so when turn the flywheel, the piston moves up and the piece of plastic get court between the piston and the exhaust port, keep turning the flywheel (can take a little bit of force) and the piston sleeve will start to come out, pull it out with your fingers, you can then get the piston out by sliding it of the pin on the crankshaft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.