Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tmaxx Won't Roll

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:22 PM
TeamCRF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx Won't Roll

I just replaced all the gears in the rear differential. I had the truck running just rear wheel drive for a long time now and I just connected the front drive shafts to make it 4WD again. In doing so I did take out the front and rear differentials and put it all back together. Now I notice that it doesn't roll. The front and rear wheels spin in opposite directions. If I lift the rear end up the front wheels move forward and the rear wheels move reverse. I'm not sure if I put a differential in backwards, or maybe both backwards, I don't know. Any help would be awesome.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:29 PM
_BEN_

Default RE: Tmaxx Won't Roll

LOL you installed one of the diffs backwards.

Figure out which one is backwards and fix it.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:33 PM
TeamCRF

Ok, I'm going to switch the front diff around. Pretty sure that ones backwards. And of course the fronts a little more complicated to take apart than the rear.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Muggy250r

bye TeamCRF to u mean the Honda CRF dirt bikes???
Old 05-24-2007, 05:50 PM
TeamCRF

Yeah, I have an 04 250R
Old 05-24-2007, 06:20 PM
weez440

i got an 05 yz 125 how do you like your honda? oh you got the r thats the atv right? anyways how do you like it?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:55 PM
TeamCRF

CRF are the bikes. I love it. Really good power and not to brag but it does pull the yz250f's by bike lengths. The front suspension was a little rough where I ride so I had it valved for how I ride it and its great.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Travis32

I think he has the 04 CRF 250r motocross bike? could be wrong, I would like to get an 06 CRF 250r
Old 05-24-2007, 08:20 PM
87warrior

do you have anythign done to you crf im gettign rid of mine soon i have the 05 all stock except for the radiators have a set of aftermart radiators sence my brothers frend i let hhim ride it at the track while i was riding his yz426f in the hairscramble course her was racing in the parkign lot with someone and this dodge truck cut him off and he slid the big into the side of the truck buster both ratiors and a few finders. but the frame is true and every thing is fine.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:36 PM
TeamCRF

Well I hope he was alright. The CR/F frames are really strong. All I have done to my bike is suspension is resprung and valved, its jetted with a Twin Air air filter, I have the ASV C5 brake and clutch levers ( very nice to have ) tires of course and new rims because mine likes to eat spokes and rims. I was thinking about getting the Boyesen Accelerator Pump Cover after I adjusted the valves and replaced the piston and rings but I'm guessing one of the circlips on the piston snapped or came loose and the connecting rod snapped in half, cracked the jug, smashed the valves a little, and put some nice gouges inside the crank case so that all has to be fixed. It was a Wiseco piston too. I haven't been on a bike in about September 06.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:46 PM
87warrior

yea id say you have a little problum there with all of that if you are replacing the juge you should look in to the engine ice set up its a lot of money but ill tell you what it has some balls then a hell of a lit of balls there was a guy at work who had it done to the 250 and i rode that thing i sware it was a 450 almost from the torque and power that thing produced. wiesco makes some good pistons but you relly should go to the JE piston much better and lighter allows for more revving and power gain.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:57 PM
weez440

hey thats awesome. i know honda makes an awesome 4 stroker. when i bought mine i wanted a 2 stroker cause well i always liked 2 strokes for playing even though they have alot of disadvantages but honda just isn't there for their 2 strokes anymore and yami's are one of the better 2 smokers. i had to get rid of my ktm that thing was a joke lol but i am really satisfied iwth the yz.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:27 PM
TeamCRF

When I get a quote of how much it's going to be to fix my engine I will compare it to the ice setup and see how much money difference is there. You really an get massive amounts of power out of the 250. Little $80 parts make huge differences. One of my friends has a KTM 125 and I let him ride it. He got back and told me "Wow, I'm definitly buying one of these!" 2 Strokes are fun but I like the power of the 4 strokes. I kind of want to sell my bike and buy a crf150 and mod that a little bit, that bike looks like a lot of fun.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:41 PM
87warrior

yea the ice kit is awsome kit to have if you want the power or a big bike in little package yea the 150s are a great pit bike like like the the little 50s are but im to tall for a little 50 let a lone my kx80 bigwheel i have for a mess around bike that things got the power for a littel bike thats for sure
Old 05-28-2007, 07:46 PM
TeamCRF

I have a CR80, had it before the 250. It definitly has a lot of power for a small bike. The thing just stands up all day. I'll get the 80 up and running soon, just haven't gotten around to doing it.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:55 PM
crazy maxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so off topiclol atvs are so much more fun then bikes
Old 05-28-2007, 08:52 PM
87warrior

yea mine is down also my crank went out in it and i got a newer one off a newer bike and its all different so im searching for a used one so i can put the new rod i have in the crank in and get it runnign again yea atvs are fun also ive been loking to get a used 4x4 at the end of the summer my brother just bought the new 07 kawie 750 brought fores that thing is the bomb f all 4x4 bikes it will go throught almost every thing in its path.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:48 PM
tmaxx boy

i think that you have you dif in upside down
Old 05-29-2007, 02:31 PM
TeamCRF

On a track I would much rather have a Dirt Bike. Through the woods 4 stroke dirtbikes are fun but you're limited to the trail. That's why I like quads. They go any where. I just took the 80 out today for a minute..talk about and adrenaline rush. Need to go buy gas for it later. Thanks tmaxx boy, my front diff was upside down, works great now.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:19 PM
87warrior

yea thats why im going tobe selling all my bikes and buy a new or used bike and go throuht it fully and fix it up so i can go with out having to worry about anything. and have time to find the mud holes again and show what that bike can do. lol what fun i ust to have with my warrior which in in about 10 million pices but slowely puttign back togather so my dad car ride it. when i get my newer bike.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:02 PM
TeamCRF

I've never had any problems with my Honda's besides the connecting rod snapping but, that's more my fault. I'm not a big quad person but if I wanted to ride one their's a few kids around here that have them. So i'm set.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:12 PM
weez440

i got a big bore 4x4 atv and i got my dirtbike and for me they both have their place. if i am gonna go through any mud or trails i take the atv for i have bigger tires and well it can go through alot of mud and if i am gonna play in the gravel pit or track obviously i will take the dirtbike even though the six fiddy can hold it's own when climbing gravel pits but nothing like the bike. both are too much fun.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:59 PM
87warrior

what kind of 4x4 do you have yamie kawie or honda or suzuki=junk