Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

NEW VXL!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Lilredmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW VXL!!!!!

But those are re-released classics, under no pretence of being new or cutting edge, for the purposes of collecting and nostalgia. What we are talking about here is a company re-releasing designs that are over a decade old, throwing a big motive system at them and claiming they are cutting edge rcs. They aren't, they are crappy, outdated designs that were junk when they were released and are even more junk now, it's just now that they are crappy outdated designs that have the potential to destroy themselves at 70mph.

And don't give me the 'oh but they're popular so they must be good' thing, it's a cult range of vehicles that are popular because they are cheap and have been around so long everyone has had one.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:54 AM
ttoks

they are popular because they are good, they are good for beginners that dont want to go fork out $500 for a revo or savage but want to get into the hobby, if traxxas wasn't selling them they wouldn't be making them, simple as that, people have them because they are fun, they may be old but it must work, plenty of people have them and how oftern do you get people complaining about them?

don't come here spreading your hate because you didn't get what you wanted, some super truggy or helicopter or whatever it is you were after, the stampede, bandit, and particularly the rusty are all proven to be good beginner off road rc's.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Compstall

ORIGINAL: Traxxas_Tech

35mph is obtained out of the box with just a crappy $10 nicad.
Hey, watch that filthy language mister! I got a warning on the Traxxas website for that very same word!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Travis32

hmmm, maybe a imposter of a tech?
Old 05-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Lilredmachine

ORIGINAL: ttoks

they are popular because they are good, they are good for beginners that dont want to go fork out $500 for a revo or savage but want to get into the hobby, if traxxas wasn't selling them they wouldn't be making them, simple as that, people have them because they are fun, they may be old but it must work, plenty of people have them and how oftern do you get people complaining about them?

don't come here spreading your hate because you didn't get what you wanted, some super truggy or helicopter or whatever it is you were after, the stampede, bandit, and particularly the rusty are all proven to be good beginner off road rc's.
I'm not 'spreading my hate', I've damn well had a Rustler, Bandit and currently have a brushless truggy E-maxx, I made myself the thing that traxxas wouldn't make us. And the sales arguement is ridiculous, cigarettes are still selling, doesn't mean they're a good thing does it? There's a little thing called progress, and it isn't achieved by sitting back and resting on your laurels. Infact, hey, why not simply do away with all these modern cars and go back to the model-T (ironic that the Rustler is 13 years old and 1/10th. scale age of 130yrs)? 'They may be old but they must work, plenty of people bought them' Because there was nothing better at the time maybe? Perhaps people who buy the Rustler, Bandit or Stampede are simply ill informed and blindsided by the rolling Traxxas advertising bandwagon and a million Traxxas fanboys who will scream to the death that the Rustler is the truck that should be recommended to people that want to break the 80 mph barrier/win their local rc races/jump 50 ft/solve world hunger/bring about world peace. This is what narks me off. No but thats ok, you can have your 13 year old RC designs, I'll stick to the cutting edge, you keep to the trailing edge huh?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
superfrog

Traxxas made a big jump 25mph to 35mph, and now to 70mph. I just started with rc cars a year ago. I have the slow rustler and I'm just now upgrading to the mamba max.
Before last year I didn't even know that electric could go 25mph.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:49 AM
ttoks

cutting edge is expensive, so it isn't a beginner toy, the rusty is an old proven design that is cheap, thus it is the perfect truck for beginners, if your complaining about this then explain why after over 50 years people will still buy a corvette? it's just been updated from the design before, but yet people still want them, same go's with the rusty, stampede, and bandit, they are proven, there are a lot of people with them so they are easy to get tech support for, and they are cheap, all pluses for a first rc, that is why they are good, people don't want cutting edge stuff for there first car because cutting edge is expensive.

before you go and say well corvettes have nothing to do with rc, it is an example, people seem to have a hard time determining what an example is so i'm just going ahead and pointing it out before hand.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:16 AM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ttoks

cutting edge is expensive, so it isn't a beginner toy, the rusty is an old proven design that is cheap, thus it is the perfect truck for beginners, if your complaining about this then explain why after over 50 years people will still buy a corvette? it's just been updated from the design before, but yet people still want them, same go's with the rusty, stampede, and bandit, they are proven, there are a lot of people with them so they are easy to get tech support for, and they are cheap, all pluses for a first rc, that is why they are good, people don't want cutting edge stuff for there first car because cutting edge is expensive.

before you go and say well corvettes have nothing to do with rc, it is an example, people seem to have a hard time determining what an example is so i'm just going ahead and pointing it out before hand.
Very good point!! [sm=thumbup.gif]

I think some of us need to step back and realize we are all not the same. We do different things with our RC's. Not every one thinks the same way as you and don't do the same things with their RC's as you. Some people just go bashing in there back yard, Desert, Hills or where ever to HAVE FUN!! They don't care to race, or have the latest greatest stuff.
If it wasn't for Traxxas and the RTR's a lot of us wouldn't be into this hobby and a lot of us wouldn't came back to this hobby.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Pecanpatch

I think its great they came out with a Brushless version...........
but I also they they should come out with a Retro-kit for us poor brushed motored slobs (for a reasonable price)
Old 05-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

I find it borderline comical to read forums- hence the reason I usually only lurk. A while back it was "When is Traxxas gonna make Brushless and lithium stuff- Get with the times!" And now it's "Traxxas is gonna burn someones house down".

It says on the box we only recommend Li-Po for ages 16 and over. If people don't read the manuals that come with advanced and expensive vehicles like these and never heed the appropriate warnings, that sounds like a personal problem. We've done everything we can do to make these safe and take the mystery out of new technologies. You can't sue General Motors for making the Corvette too fast!

We have the Velineon system available separately as an upgrade. You'll probably see those available for around a $200 street price.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:42 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: Traxxas_Tech

I find it borderline comical to read forums- hence the reason I usually only lurk. A while back it was "When is Traxxas gonna make Brushless and lithium stuff- Get with the times!" And now it's "Traxxas is gonna burn someones house down".

It says on the box we only recommend Li-Po for ages 16 and over. If people don't read the manuals that come with advanced and expensive vehicles like these and never heed the appropriate warnings, that sounds like a personal problem. We've done everything we can do to make these safe and take the mystery out of new technologies. You can't sue General Motors for making the Corvette too fast!

We have the Velineon system available separately as an upgrade. You'll probably see those available for around a $200 street price.
Price is steep aye...
Old 05-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Muggy250r

is anyone going to get one??????????
Old 05-29-2007, 03:29 PM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

I'm thinking of getting the Pede. I have a nice dirt lot next to my house and The Revo is just a bit much. A Pede would be perfect.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:52 PM
ttoks

you can easily see where traxxas tech is coming from, it is a bit annoying seeing so many people here trashing the stuff they were told by there customers they should make, the fact is that your gonna find people from both sides all the time, you will always find people willing to argue.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:09 PM
cooleo_cool

I'm considering buying a Bandit... I have owned a few Bandits in the past, and they're a lot of fun! With all of the power these new ones will have! Sounds fun to me! I probably won't get one when they first come out, though. I could use a few other things for my RC fleet before I go buying another new toy! Heck... I just bought a couple more trucks last week!
Old 05-30-2007, 05:54 AM
Lilredmachine

cutting edge is expensive, so it isn't a beginner toy, the rusty is an old proven design that is cheap, thus it is the perfect truck for beginners
Then why the hell have Traxxas put a brushless system in it? Even if the price is still relatively 'cheap' at $330+ that puts it in competition with trucks like the E-savage and E-maxx. Can you not see the complete contradiction in your post? I can handle the rusty and 'pede being decent, cheap beginners trucks but this completely defeats the object.

People buy the Corvette and 911 and other venerable model lines because they have been refined and tweaked (sometimes redesigned) over extensive time periods to be their best and deliver utmost performance. This is demonstrated in that the Porsche dominates it's class at Leman, and so does the Corvette. I don't see the Rusty dominating the 1/10th off road worlds, do you? If you're going to give an example in a slightly condescending manner, at least make sure it applies to what you are talking about.

besides, Traxxas' biggest problem is that you can pick up a Mamba system and a Rustler XL-5 for less than a VXL Rustler, and you've got the XL-5 controller and a motor to sell... Not to mention that some of their range of 'cheap, beginners vehicles' now have a higher price tag then their flagship electric monster truck.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:08 AM
ttoks

god you just don't give up and accept it do you, traxxas put it in there, people will say hey i like that lets buy it, or will say i don't like it and won't, if it proves as popular as the brushed or nitro versions then me and you will be seeing a lot more of them around, with the price, you seem to forget how everything is expensive when it is first released, the price will drop.

just as a side note, the car's you see racing at le mans, weather they be prototypes or not have no resemblance to road going stock cars at all, with the exception of the name in partially the body shape, so they can not be attributed at all to how well made the road going version are, or how fast they go, or how well they will corner.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:37 AM
vass151

Electric is for wimps =)

hah j/k.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:39 AM
ttoks

electric hold the world speed recored for an rc car, thats 113 mph officially and 134 mph unofficially electric is no "wimp" car.

just seen the J/K (well got it pointed out to me lol), sorry
Old 05-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Lilredmachine

just as a side note, the car's you see racing at le mans, weather they be prototypes or not have no resemblance to road going stock cars at all, with the exception of the name in partially the body shape, so they can not be attributed at all to how well made the road going version are, or how fast they go, or how well they will corner.

Apart from the fact they do. That's the point of their class. You can buy a GT3 + 2 Porsche 911 that can be taken and played with mildly and then enter it into a grid of race cars. The Lemans/ALMS Corvette C6-R is based on the C6 Corvette, right down to the transverse rear leaf spring suspension, same chassis, same body but with a splitter and wing... You buy an Z06 and you have something pretty damn close to the ALMS car that will lap only a second slower than the C6-R around GM's test facility. Granted they go through a big preparation for racing, but they still start off as production vehicles, they have to, it's a homolegation class. The prototypes are prototypes, they don't have to be shaped like anything or produced for the road. Though ironically, you can often buy road versions of the racing prototypes (see 911 GT1, Lotus GT1, CLK GTR etc.) Ferrari have also produced their GT550 Maranello as a race car for the road, alongside the normal 550.

The price won't drop on these like it will do with the XL-5. Traxxas have spent money developing a brushless system that they'll have to recoup.

I won't give up, because I know I'm right. In exactly the same way you think your right. And your opinion holds no more sway than mine.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 PM
ttoks

well then theres no point arguing, you have your opinion and i'll have mine.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 PM
superfrog

Sometimes old crap is better than new crap. More people like the older corvette than the new ones.
How should they change the rustler anyway??
Old 05-30-2007, 09:16 PM
vps.ryder

1. rusty is a good cheap beginer car. Do you honestly think that brushless system is keeping the price down?

2. rusty is a good cheap beginer car. Ceap will generally become a synonm for weak. (although never having owned one myself i should probably keep my mouth shut) So pretty much you have doubled the speed of a car that was already easy to break. Genious. They'll make tons of money in broken parts.

3. Traxxas bearing suck. We all know what eventually happens to 3.3 main bearings. They have a constant flow of oil and top out at between 30-40k. This does 50k. Imagine what that poor thing is capable of doing to itself.

Yes they are good and cheap, but now they are easier to lose controll of and break. And why would you not make a brussless e-maxx? And while your at it but in a couple more hours and make a braket to put one in a revo, jato and a maxx. That way you could have a decent, powerfull electric car that will not top out and self destruct.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:59 PM
superfrog

The rustle is stronger than you thank. Mines been though a lot of crap.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:32 AM
holycow

Like it or not Traxxas Tech has all the right answers for you fools. I've been in the RC hobby for 15+ years and just like everything else in life kids...it's all about the $$$. Why does Traxxas revamp the same old models? Ah, because they do market research and have people that crunch statistical numbers that suggest this is a viable option.

Over the past so many years look at the number of employees they've hired and how they've grown. (financially) Do a little behind the scenes homework...trust me their executives are a lot smarter than most adolescents (or adults that aren't very bright) on these forums that have no clue.

I'm a nitro guy personally (too many cars to list) but Lipo technology is coming around. Who in the world can argue with 70+ mph. I mean can you really see what the heck is flying by anyway?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.