Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

NEW VXL!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 06:50 AM
Muggy250r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW VXL!!!!!

as im sure u all know traxxas came out with the new VXL brushless stampede,bandit,rustler...........traxxas says they are good fo r speeds about 65mph............ what u guys think about them?????? and who is getting one??????
Old 05-25-2007, 07:25 AM
bobdole

Default RE: NEW VXL!!!!!

insane and its 70 for bandit and rustler
Old 05-25-2007, 07:31 AM
ttoks

70, with batterys that cost a bucket load, you need 11.1 volt battery's with 8000 mah to get 70 mph, you can do 70 with a rusty with a 3.3 in it and the right gearing, much cheaper and it sound better, it's a sales pitch.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Muggy250r

yeah but im just saying
Old 05-25-2007, 07:41 AM
DaveG55

Heck, my little rc18b (8kv mamba w/3c lipo) will blow whatever Traxxas sells away and run for almost 40 min between charges too.

In other words, I've already got better than this new stuff, why should I get all excited??????

And that 70mph thing their pushing, they make it sound like it's right out of the box when box stock speeds are gonna be 30 - 35mph tops.
Kinda decitful if you ask me.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Reb2973

Im curious about someone thats new to lipo's, you have to really keep an eye on those things while charging and discharging and balancing the cells and all....They can catch on fire...You need a good charger that lets you see what your putting back into them, that gets expensive, plus lipo's alone cost alot of $$.

I used to fly electric heli's and saw plenty of pics in the forums with helis burned to a crisp and peoples garages burned up from not paying attention to how they treat their lipo's...OH well, but if you keep an eye on them they have all the power you need.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:04 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Reb2973

Im curious about someone thats new to lipo's, you have to really keep an eye on those things while charging and discharging and balancing the cells and all....They can catch on fire...You need a good charger that lets you see what your putting back into them, that gets expensive, plus lipo's alone cost alot of $$.

I used to fly electric heli's and saw plenty of pics in the forums with helis burned to a crisp and peoples garages burned up from not paying attention to how they treat their lipo's...OH well, but if you keep an eye on them they have all the power you need.

Yep, it's gonna get intresting once the kids that are used to the Wal-Mart cars start having lipo's explode in their bedrooms.

Lipo's are so sensitive that most makers will tell you to retire one that has a scratch in it's covering. They do not like internal damage at all. Even a properly cared for and charged lipo can explode. I charge mine in a cinder block with a weighted steel plate on top. And for goodness sake don't let one sit for a long time and become too discharged and then try to charge it...
Old 05-25-2007, 08:16 AM
ttoks

i remember leaving an old lipo on the charger and forgot about it for two hours when i was younger, all the casing was melted, i still have the battery actually, and use it in an old rc car i have sometimes, if it explodes i'll need to make sure i have my video camera.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Reb2973

Yeah I charged and stored mine in a fire safe from walmart..out in the shed!!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Muggy250r

yeah lipos are dangerous
Old 05-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

If the kiddies read the extensive manuals that we will include, then no bedrooms will be catching on fire. We have added several pages to this manual to educate everyone on Li-Po and relevant precautions. I've used hundreds of lipos and have only had one balloon. No fire....

Its easy to judge when you havent seen one operate or don't fully understand their capability. 35mph is obtained out of the box with just a crappy $10 nicad. You can get 50 with the INCULDED GEAR and a good 7 cell nimh. 70+ is by installing an optional pinion. How is this deception, we tell you right there? The 8000 mah battery we mention is actually two of the 4000mah lipo's connected in parallel. They are readily available at hobby dealers. The second battery helps eek out a couple extra mph by keeping voltage drop to a minimum during high discharge rates. The two batteries "share" the load to keep voltage up and speeds high. The motor rpm limit is 50,000, only limited by the ball bearings.

These are real radar tested speeds! I've personally held the radar gun! [X(]
Old 05-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Reb2973

When I first went to lipo's, it was alot to take in on how to treat them and discharge them,,,gets a bit confusing when you should drain only like around 80% of the mah of the lipo or you could cause damage..Just dont see a kid taking that all in or understanding the dangers of over charging and balancing the cells..Even if no fire or something like that, its expensive to replace that lipo.

Im not bashing on your new products,,I just picture some kids parents handing him the new lipo upgrade and charger he begged for and sending him off to go play..
Old 05-25-2007, 03:24 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: Traxxas_Tech

If the kiddies read the extensive manuals that we will include, then no bedrooms will be catching on fire. We have added several pages to this manual to educate everyone on Li-Po and relevant precautions. I've used hundreds of lipos and have only had one balloon. No fire....

Its easy to judge when you havent seen one operate or don't fully understand their capability. 35mph is obtained out of the box with just a crappy $10 nicad. You can get 50 with the INCULDED GEAR and a good 7 cell nimh. 70+ is by installing an optional pinion. How is this deception, we tell you right there? The 8000 mah battery we mention is actually two of the 4000mah lipo's connected in parallel. They are readily available at hobby dealers. The second battery helps eek out a couple extra mph by keeping voltage drop to a minimum during high discharge rates. The two batteries "share" the load to keep voltage up and speeds high. The motor rpm limit is 50,000, only limited by the ball bearings.

They were talking about how a regular radar gun is not accurate for an rc car. I think it's the thread about the Savage X ss going 60 MPH. GO check it out Traxxas tech, might learn something.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:40 PM
DaveG55

"If the kiddies read the extensive manuals that we will include"

What in gods green earth makes you think they're going to start reading a manual that's several pages longer than the one they don't read now??????
Old 05-25-2007, 08:50 PM
nik77356

traxxas please tell me when you are going to redo the e-maxx or make an e-revo. we would rather you do that than make young kids prone to injury due to dangerous lipo batteries.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:17 PM
nxk2000

ORIGINAL: Traxxas_Tech

Did they really let you hold it? Next time maybe they will let you touch the car they are testing. [X(][X(][X(]
Just don’t get too excited or they might not let you do again.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:49 PM
crashman44b

I have two newer traxxas products.Both perform well,neither does what traxxas claims they'll do. My high end stuff on the other hand will.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Blackhawk4
My Feedback: (1)

It is a huge disappointment cause all traxxas has done is take old RCs and revamp them why not do it for the E-Maxx, Revo, Jato and 4-tec instead of giving the rustler stampede and bandits upgrades. all it shows is traxxas didn't put much creativity into it cause all they did was go hey lets revamp some of these older models and give them brushless motors. im more of a nitro fan and it doesn't seem fair to electric fans that all they get are 3 revamped Rc's instead of having the newer nitro models turn electric.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:20 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1[8D]^^^^^^^^^^^6
Old 05-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Chopped02

I agree, I was hoping Traxxas would come out with a competitive 1/8th scale buggy or truggy. I've got nothing against electric but re-vamping an old product does nothing for me. They could have spent this time engineering something new.
ORIGINAL: Blackhawk4

It is a huge disappointment cause all traxxas has done is take old RCs and revamp them why not do it for the E-Maxx, Revo, Jato and 4-tec instead of giving the rustler stampede and bandits upgrades. all it shows is traxxas didn't put much creativity into it cause all they did was go hey lets revamp some of these older models and give them brushless motors. im more of a nitro fan and it doesn't seem fair to electric fans that all they get are 3 revamped Rc's instead of having the newer nitro models turn electric.
[:'(][:'(]
Old 05-26-2007, 08:01 PM
nik77356

ya an 1/8 buggy/truggy would be cool
Old 05-26-2007, 08:47 PM
REVO-Beat-U

Why do we need something new right now? I was racing yesterday and today against the new Losi, and a couple truggies with my Revo on my local track. On a technical track like I race on with lots of corners, whoops, jumps and rythom sections my Revo is slightly faster than everything else out there. Only way I get passed is if I make a mistake, its not because other RC trucks are better than my Revo. Revo is still the best racing truck available if you ask me (if you know how to set it up and make it run correctly). When Traxxas released the 3.3 it was just to improve upon the established leader in RC trucks. I am sure we will see something new from Traxxas soon, but I must say their product line right now is very impressive already. Something new isnt going to make you a better driver and make you faster. Understanding your RC and knowing how to adjust it will make you faster.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:21 PM
CrT-RaCeR

ORIGINAL: REVO-Beat-U

Why do we need something new right now? I was racing yesterday and today against the new Losi, and a couple truggies with my Revo on my local track. On a technical track like I race on with lots of corners, whoops, jumps and rythom sections my Revo is slightly faster than everything else out there. Only way I get passed is if I make a mistake, its not because other RC trucks are better than my Revo. Revo is still the best racing truck available if you ask me (if you know how to set it up and make it run correctly). When Traxxas released the 3.3 it was just to improve upon the established leader in RC trucks. I am sure we will see something new from Traxxas soon, but I must say their product line right now is very impressive already. Something new isnt going to make you a better driver and make you faster. Understanding your RC and knowing how to adjust it will make you faster.
+1!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Blackhawk4
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: REVO-Beat-U

its the SAME THING and how old are the RCs teh bandit is 12 years old! and the rustler and stampede are 13 years OLD! this is the 4th revamp of the rustler and stampede *including nitro* do you not understand the non creativity in this its just taking a old vehicle thats still on market and is losing its popularity to beginner Rc enthusiast and then making them look newer making them look better when those brushless are probably not gonna be as good as novak and mamba brushless. its the same ting just with new looks/parts no creativity at all in it except adding brushless motors. why not do it in a revo, emaxx, jato and a 4tec instead of these older models whos time should have been gone *maybe not the rustler or bandit but its a slim chance*. Traxxas coming out with something ACTUALY new is not going to happen anytime soon at this rate. you could buy a old rustler get a mamba or novak brushless and you get the VXL but better probably. the product would be impressive if they have their top nitro models have electric counterparts instead of older model Rcs tryign to be reborn. the same thing gets boring you play with it for a long time it gets boring over time traxxas need to come up with something something that would be creative not just a revamped RC that should have been dead a while back those 3 rcs still can be great but revamping it 4 times is just dull and boring overtime and it has shown.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:14 PM
REVO-Beat-U

They still sell the Grasshopper, Frog and countless other RC's that are WAY older than the Traxxas line of products. I wonder why? Maybe they are good entry level cars at a great price that makes new people want to get into the hobby? Go ahead and buy something else and I hope to see you at the track so you can watch me run away from you with my Revo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.