Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

OWB..clutch...whats the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Danju

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OWB..clutch...whats the problem?

i have a FOC-ed revo. after driving for a couple of hours today, i found that if i push the car froward, the spur gear doesnt move. sometimes, it wil move but it will stop at the same place it stopped at before. when i move it backwards, the spur gear spins but it feels all bumpy. its not smooth. the car can still drive without feeling any binding, but i wanna know whats wrong? so i think its my one-way bearing in my tranny? or possibly the clutch shoes wore out or something?
thanks
dan
Old 06-02-2007, 09:48 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: OWB..clutch...whats the problem?

It's time to learn how your truck is put together.[:-] Part of this hobby is working on you car/truck. You may only need a new spur gear or maybe just and adjustment? Your clutch shoes could be done but, I don't know how long you have been running it? I had to completely disassemble my Revo twice last week to fix a problem/mistake.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:57 PM
ttoks

there's a OWB on the first gear, so that if the engine slows down the car will keep moveing, so say if you land and the wheels are turning faster then the engine would be at that rpm it doesn't damage the engine or clutch, so long story short, it's normal lol.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Danju

are you sure its normal? after installing the foc, ive never had this problem until now. before it was spinning freely back and forth.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:51 PM
ttoks

yes i'm sure it's normal, it's a safe guard against hard landings so that the wheels cant drive the engine over revving it and damaging it, seconds gear doesnt have a OWB on it though, it's connected directly to the shaft, most guys that go e revo lock the tranny in second so they can just use the electric engine as breaks.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Danju

ahhahahahahahha. i found the problem. after searchin for bindings, i found that my integy airfilter neck was hittin the spur. i pushed it down and wallla. i win!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:01 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Good job![sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 06-05-2007, 09:19 AM
revocat

watch for this:
i also had clicking when moving truck by hand and turns out i stripped the two speed gear.