Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

finally got new engine, os21tm in my revo :) lots of pics...

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

finally got new engine, os21tm in my revo :) lots of pics...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Revo Madness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally got new engine, os21tm in my revo :) lots of pics...

Hey peoplz, just finished installing my new engine in my revo 3.3, after the conrod on the trx engine let go i thought i need more power and was considering the os21vzb v spec and os speed 21 vspec and the os 21tm and finally thought the TM would be the easiest option and hopefully its quick enough

install was simple just a pity the LHS gave me the box with the tmax manifold and now i gotta wait till monday to go swap it for a revo one. The carby pivot ball didnt line up properly with the os engine and it was binding up pretty bad but i fixed it and i think the revo one should have a longer arm on the carby as the one i got on the OS engine is too short.

other mods so far are new rims and tyres, upgraded front pivot rods, tin coated shock shafts, and thats about it, also need a new body soon as the current one has bad damage on the rear from landing on the roof/rear end.

anyway ill let everyone know how it goes when i finally run it but until then heres some pics of it ready to roll (minus the header/pipe as i need to get the correct one)...

this is the 3.3 rod that snapped

new engine straight out of the box

carby pivot ball thing not long enough for the throttle pivot arm to slip in

my fix at the moment (using old 3.3 pivot ball which is longer and 2 washers under the pivot arm to raise it up)

ready to roll on new rims and motor

heres the previous bashing damage

the os21 peaking out the body

hope u enjoy the pics

cheers

Brad

Old 06-09-2007, 11:47 AM
ttoks

Default RE: finally got new engine, os21tm in my revo :) lots of pics...

them wheels and tires look awesome!
Old 06-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Revo Madness

thanks mate, yer soon as i saw them i liked em and beadlock tyres are soo much better than glueing on tyres as u can remove them if u ever need to without wrecking the tyres. i paid $110 for the 4 rims and $100 roughly for the 4 tyres so i was happy with that as normal stock rims and tyres are like $200 anyway for the whole set and these look heaps tougher.

they also use 17mm hex nuts as well, just after i purchased the stock sized hex nuts in aluminium the other week and now they are useless for me []
Old 06-09-2007, 12:09 PM
ttoks

i'v been looking on e bay, check [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/23mm-hex-dish-wheels-tyres-full-set-4-savage-revo-4x4_W0QQitemZ230134233737QQihZ013QQcategoryZ34063Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem]this[/link] out, $99 for 4 23 mm 40 sires proline dish rimes with boe ties, thats only $25 each wheel!
Old 06-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Revo Madness

nice find, that shop is based in Perth too which is even better for me they got the bodys for revos and they are $55, and my LHS want $120 for the pre painted ones [X(]
Old 06-09-2007, 12:35 PM
ttoks

lol, like me or any other idiots gonna pay $120 for a body thats gonna get trashed
Old 06-09-2007, 06:52 PM
rcdudegermy10

Wow, dude looks awesome!! You'll have to tell us how that engine does after you run it!!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:58 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea deff see about postin a vid or somethin, Or even tell us how much faster it is conpared to stock. Oh and on the secound pic of the throtle mount, did you realize that you put the linkage in the outer mounting hole? The pic with the added spacers; you can move it inward one more hole to fit it more snug in the linkage.

P.S. A little advice about the head stickin up to far, put zip ties around the cooling fins to protect the head from gettin messed up. I know I would rather break a zip tie then see my new motor head get all f'd up!..
Old 06-09-2007, 11:47 PM
BrendanS

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

Yea deff see about postin a vid or somethin, Or even tell us how much faster it is conpared to stock. Oh and on the secound pic of the throtle mount, did you realize that you put the linkage in the outer mounting hole? The pic with the added spacers; you can move it inward one more hole to fit it more snug in the linkage.

P.S. A little advice about the head stickin up to far, put zip ties around the cooling fins to protect the head from gettin messed up. I know I would rather break a zip tie then see my new motor head get all f'd up!..
Or wrap some fuel line cut in half around it WITH zipties
I swear you can't melt fuel line. I've had mine on forever!
Old 06-09-2007, 11:59 PM
ttoks

i hear that, i messed the head up on my RB real bad coz i didnt put zip ties on there, even with them i flipped it again on blacktop and did some more damage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42258.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	700922  
Old 06-10-2007, 12:17 AM
BrendanS

ORIGINAL: ttoks

i hear that, i messed the header up on my RB real bad coz i didnt put zip ties on there, even with them i flipped it again on blacktop and did some more damage.
ouch!
Fuel line can fix that! I swear it doesn't melt!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:22 AM
aer-wubby

ORIGINAL: Revo Madness
i paid $110 for the 4 rims and $100 roughly for the 4 tyres so i was happy with that as normal stock rims and tyres are like $200
WOW! You Aussies don't joke when you say things are a heavily priced over there!!
Old 06-10-2007, 01:21 AM
ttoks

no we dont, at my lhs is about the same for every thing but they charge $50 for two 23mm pro-line hex's, and $30 for the hex nut took, i'm justing useing a 23mm socket, stuff paying that.

what we aussies need is to have someone in the U.S that will buy the parts at the U.S prices, then ship them to us for the cost of the part, shipping and a little extra for there trouble,that would be nice lol.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:33 AM
PiccoLow

Those wheels and tires are nice man!!! I couldn't bare to buy those knowing how quick they'd get scratched or nicked ;(
Old 06-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Super_Sport

What kind of rims are those?
I like them.
Good looking truck.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:40 AM
Revo Madness

thanks for the comments everyone, yes us aussies always pay hefty prices on everything, it sucks bigtime. im used to modifying real cars so this is a cheap hobby in comparision lol

wheels are AXIAL 8 spoke beadlock wheels (black) and tyres are AXIAL Dirt Devil

Nitrovenom i tried the hole closer too the engine first off and it actually made it worse and the carby had troubling extending open enough and it was binding up because of the extreme angle of the pivot arm.

i dont wanna dirty the car now it took me hours and hours to strip it and clean it properly (especially the back area where the exhuast had leaked all over the arms/body/suspension etc.

ill def post a video as well when its going, gimme a few days and ill post it
Old 06-10-2007, 03:49 AM
ttoks

i know the feeling, i pulled my car completely to pieces and cleaned absolutely every part individually, then went out and got it dirty again the next day lol
Old 06-10-2007, 04:56 AM
MaD_MaxX

Is the 21TM available?? I can't find it anywhere...??
Nice truck BTW, I'm waiting for the video!
Old 06-10-2007, 05:09 AM
ttoks

i dunno if you can get em in Europe yet, i know they wont be in the states until around November/December.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:12 AM
crazzyrevo

I have the os21tm's for sale i post world wide i will have more up for sale 12/6 on ebay under traxxas
I ran the os21tm today at a race meet .WHAT CAN I SAY KICKED BUT.
i had other racers come to see what i was running they thought i was running a big bloke .
You guys are going to love the power it has..[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 06-10-2007, 06:24 AM
crazzyrevo

Revo Madness I dont to why you have that throttle lever on your carb i have a number of os21tm here and thay are not like that should have the same one like on the os18tm part #23818440. straight no BALL..and longer give them a call let them now i would not run you revo until you fix this .i have seen to many run aways becouse of this .just rember you dont want this to happen while you are running in it will kill you new os21tm.at race track yesterday revo os18tm run away becouse of that ARM on the carb i felt sorry for the guy . i changed it fixed the prob .SO BEWARE.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Revo_Rash

ORIGINAL: ttoks

i'v been looking on e bay, check [link=http://cgi.ebay.com.au/23mm-hex-dish-wheels-tyres-full-set-4-savage-revo-4x4_W0QQitemZ230134233737QQihZ013QQcategoryZ34063Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem]this[/link] out, $99 for 4 23 mm 40 sires proline dish rimes with boe ties, thats only $25 each wheel!

I can buy this full set pre-mounted on the yellow rims with crimefighter tires, for $60 UDS brand new at my LHS... with the larger hex.... I'm telling you ttoks you need to find someone in the US that will supply you. Only way i can figure on this working is by you calling in the order with a credit card, then someone up here picking the order up and shipping it to you. and working it out so that you pay the person shipping with parts, to cover the cost to ship it and do the transaction for you, or else open your own UPS account like I did so that way they can direct bill the shipping to you and you can have shipping tracking numbers. Let me know we'll see if we can work something out. Shoot me a PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:16 AM
ttoks

i'm 15, no credit card, had a look at a lot of the online store and most you can only use pay pal if your in the U.S leaving money order, which takes about 3 week to go through pay pal to get converted to U.S bill instead of aussie then to tower or where ever else, to long for me to wait lol, it's sucks badly being in the hobby over here.

oh yeah and the .21 is a big block.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Revo_Rash

I feel your pain.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:11 AM
WarRaven

Hey nice rig.

Need some videos of it in action brother.

I can totally relate to the keeping it clean'ish thing, i just swapped out my leaky 3.3 for a Picco, and now no more cleaning lol.
That became old hat quick.

Yeah but, nice truck friend and what is ballpark HP of that mill?

Peace

WR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.