Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

My Electric Stampede clocked at 66 mph today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:25 PM
BrendanS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Electric Stampede clocked at 66 mph today.

ORIGINAL: TexasSP

You being a journeyman lineman in no way qualifies you to modify a brushed esc to run a brushless motor. I am a facility manager for a manufacturing company and have a journeyman electrician who works for me and has over 30 years experience but he has no clue when it comes to our electronic control systems. That is why I have two electronics technicians that work for me also. In other words it is my duty to know what a persons capability is and use it accordingly for the benefit of my company, which is why I have specific people for specific jobs.

There is no simple tweeking you can do to mod a brushed esc to run brushless. It involves different circuitry and computer programming.

I would also like to know how exactly you "clocked" your speed.
yeah well, im an astronaut....
Old 06-14-2007, 10:41 PM
smaxx3.3

nucleusbrains, its really hard to make up something about r/c's on here when 50% of the users are total experts about them, i know i tried when i was new here. and i've cases like this many times, when in the end its just goin to turn to a flame war and the mods will delete this thread.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:43 PM
TexasSP

Default RE: [Awaiting Approval]

Simple questions:

What motor are you running?
What tires?
What spur gear?
What pinion gear?
What voltage and/or what size battery pack?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Getrdone

How can you have a Mamba Max system and a XL10? The Mamba Max system is a esc. You have two esc's?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:56 PM
smaxx3.3

he knows he can't figure anything else that will work between the lines of his story. he's gone and ain't coming back to this thread.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:57 AM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really enjoy threads like this[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] Kids have quite some imagination
Old 06-15-2007, 02:00 AM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7 cell hump (8.4v) pack, huh? To be able to get a 1/18 to speeds like close to 70 miles one have to use 4 cell lipo battery, that`s 14.8 volts and high kv motors
Old 06-15-2007, 08:15 AM
TexasSP

Well, he sent multiple scathing curse filled messages to me in PM, tells me how he is 28, has a wife and kids, therefore all of that prevents him from lying.

I can't repeat on here the things he actually says either. I have only asked him to base his claims on fact and back them up, and he has gone into a rage via the PM system. He has had multiple chances to answer simple questions about his setup and can't. It is sad people feel the need to behave like that.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Beasley1

Maybe he'll get a vid this weekend. Im sure he's searching the internet right now looking for a good one.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:22 AM
ttoks

guys just drop it, if he gets a vid up on the weekend showing under the hood and whats he's done, then the same truck doing a speed run of 66 mph or close to then stop annoying him, until then you have no idea what skills he has and what he is able to do with them, until you can prove he is lieing keep ya mouths shut, and until he can prove he's not he should probably keep his shut.

he does not come on here to answer your questions if he does not wish to do so, and if your being a pain in the ass he has no reason to, you have no profe he is lieing, just speculation so unless you can see his setup and prove it aint gonna work there is no point yelling at him.

also when you make the vid, say this is "insert RCU user name here" from the RCU forum, so we all know it is actually you and your truck.

also i'm not an electric guy, but i get people telling me the mamba is the best there is, but you also say it will only it 62 mph in a pede? the vxl will hit 65, doesn't that make it better? does in my book as there is no tuning issues with electric engine, can someone elaborate why this not as fast system is the fastest most badass there is when the vxl is faster? i'm just a nitro idiot...
Old 06-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Beasley1

I would just like to see a vid of it doing 60 mph. That would make me happy.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:41 AM
TexasSP

He is lying because what he states cannot work, period. You can't just make bold claims then refuse to answer questions about your setup. Since you do not know about electric, I fail to see how you can offer insight on this matter. Besides, the VXL isn't out yet and that is not what he is claiming to use anyway so that part of your argument is kind of pointless.

Would you believe someone if they told you that their 3.3 equipped Revo had a turbo charger and alcohol injection and made it do 70? Of course not, which is the type of claim he makes here.

Getting speeds in a pede past 55 mph at this point is not just as simple as putting XYZ motor, controller, and batteries in and hitting the trigger. It takes patience and time to get the rest of the truck setup to do it. There is a lot to it.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:15 AM
ttoks

give him time to make his video and stop flaming until that point, and then if you wish to flame him send him a pm, because the forums here are not the place to do it n and keep it civil because the same rules aply for pms as here and if he wishes to he can report you directly to a mod and you'll be the one in trouble, if you don't want me pm him keep you mouth shut and laugh at him mentally, but keep it at that.

also there is a guy in the rc engine forum that has made a working turbo for a nitro engine (doesn't actually help performance because forced induction doesn't work on a two stroke but the basics all work very well, and it would work very well if used on a 4 stroke), and methanol is alcohol, so all glow engine are alcohol injected, the 70 part i wouldn't but the system i would.

in short, there is no reason to post on here about anything until you can either definitively prove he's lieing, and no saying it's not possible doesn't cut it for that either, you have no idea what his electrical understanding and skills stretch to, so you don't know if he is able or not to modify a brushed system to work with a brush less motor, for all you or me know there could be someone with the knowledge and ability to make his own kick as electric system from scratch, doesn't mean it ain't possible.

now before i get you telling me to stop protecting him or whatever, i'm not saying he's not lieing, i'm saying that you cannot prove he is, and so you shouldn't be saying anything until he either runs past the weekend with no vid and no explanation for that absence of the vid, or you have seen his system and can say that it aint gonna work.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:24 AM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: ttoks

give him time to make his video and stop flaming until that point, and then if you wish to flame him send him a pm, because the forums here are not the place to do it n and keep it civil because the same rules aply for pms as here and if he wishes to he can report you directly to a mod and you'll be the one in trouble, if you don't want me pm him keep you mouth shut and laugh at him mentally, but keep it at that.

also there is a guy in the rc engine forum that has made a working turbo for a nitro engine (doesn't actually help performance because forced induction doesn't work on a two stroke but the basics all work very well, and it would work very well if used on a 4 stroke), and methanol is alcohol, so all glow engine are alcohol injected, the 70 part i wouldn't but the system i would.

in short, there is no reason to post on here about anything until you can either definitively prove he's lieing, and no saying it's not possible doesn't cut it for that either, you have no idea what his electrical understanding and skills stretch to, so you don't know if he is able or not to modify a brushed system to work with a brush less motor, for all you or me know there could be someone with the knowledge and ability to make his own kick as electric system from scratch, doesn't mean it ain't possible.

now before i get you telling me to stop protecting him or whatever, i'm not saying he's not lieing, i'm saying that you cannot prove he is, and so you shouldn't be saying anything until he either runs past the weekend with no vid and no explanation for that absence of the vid, or you have seen his system and can say that it aint gonna work.
+1
Old 06-15-2007, 09:45 AM
nucleusbrains

You cant repeate the things I said ??? I didnt say anything to you that you cant hear on your local cable t.v. You started in on me and would not let it go. I had better things to do last night than sit here arguing with another grown man over a R/C truck for god's sake. I am not making anymore claims or posting anything else about this topic until tomorrow Sat. Then I will have a VIDEO of the truck clocked with police equipment. Also I will post high quality pics of the truck inside and out all angles with and without the body. OK...

Nucleusbrains
Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 AM
nucleusbrains

Thank you REVOVEGA I appreciate at least one person giving me a chance to prove myself.
Nucleusbrains
Old 06-15-2007, 09:52 AM
nucleusbrains

TexasSP youre just analretintive very annoying and you flame everyone. It's almost like you spend all day just searching this board for what you claim to be lies. Do you have anything else to do at all? I'm gonna post the video tomorrow and pics like I have been saying all along. Why do you keep saying I cant back it up?? I have told you what I did 8 times to make the Mamba Max 1/10 compatable with the XL-10 esc and YES IT IS POSSIBLE.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:57 AM
ttoks

hahum, i think you forgot someone there...
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Uglysteve

Good Job nucleusbrains. That's quite a mod you got there and it seems to be working well for ya. That's awesome. I bet that sucker takes off like a raped duck. Do you drag it?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Beasley1

ORIGINAL: broncbuster

Good Job nucleusbrains. That's quite a mod you got there and it seems to be working well for ya. That's awesome. I bet that sucker takes off like a raped duck. Do you drag it?
I thought the quote was raped ape.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:22 AM
nucleusbrains

Indeed I did ... thank you TToks as well for at least giving me the benifit of the doubt.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:25 AM
nucleusbrains

I have only put it on the dragline twice thus far. But this weekend we are doing it again and getting footage and pics.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:29 AM
ttoks

i'm looking forward to it, it's always fun to see people when they said something was impossible, then prove them it is, i hope your not pulling our leg, but if you were i don't think you'd still be here.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:36 AM
nucleusbrains

Dont worry brother I have what I say I have and It will scoot.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:49 AM
smaxx3.3

ORIGINAL: smaxx3.3

he knows he can't figure anything else that will work between the lines of his story. he's gone and ain't coming back to this thread.
you proved me wrong[8D], i really wanna see a 65 mph pede.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.