Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-MAXX???????????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:07 PM
dynasty21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-MAXX???????????????

I am in the middle of to deals here. There is a t-maxx and a savage .25. The guy said he put $900 into the t-maxx and the savage is stock. I need a truck that is fast and tough. I need an honest opinion even though this is the traxxas thread........... Thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 11:18 PM
ttoks

Default RE: T-MAXX???????????????

get us some pics iff possible, but truthfully if that was me in that position i'd go the savvy as long as both were in good condition.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:33 PM
dynasty21

http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?i...o540087sm3.jpg there is a site for the savage but i don't have pics of the t-maxx.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:47 PM
ttoks

none without the body? is it an online seller? if so you want to at least have pics without the body, and under it.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:58 PM
dynasty21

Thanks for that. Yes it is an online buyer but of course i am a newb and don't know nothing........... thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 11:58 PM
BrendanS

If you want something with brutal speed, durability, handling, and able to take a bb get a truggy. You can get the XUT for $379.99 RTR
Old 06-14-2007, 12:11 AM
ttoks

ask for pics without the body, and if he's not willing to send you some dont buy it, never trust peopel online unless you can good pics of it showing the vital parts with it, that go's for anything really online.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:36 AM
RCCanuck

take the Tmaxx...the Savage will just make you pull your hair out trying to fix it....I would do some more reading and research before dumping any money into this hobby......I would say buy something new if you can or buy from someone locally rather than dealing with the shipping thing....What happens when you pay good money for a truck that arrives and the diffs,tranny,electronics are all destroyed....you just bought yourself a huge headache.
Good luck
Old 06-14-2007, 08:27 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

I would ask for more details on what the $900 went into on the maxx. It's easy to throw $900 into a maxx and only decrease the value IMO. The key to upgrading isn't how much you spend, but what you spend it on. If you find out the maxx is loaded with aluminum a-arms, aluminum tank, K&N style filter, supercharger and stuff like that, I would avoid it like the plague. However, if you find that it has aluminum bulkheads and RPM a-arms, titanium turnbuckles a good tuned pipe etc... then it will be a good solid truck.

Ask the guy for a list of upgrades and then post them here and we can give you better advice.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:32 AM
dynasty21

Ok thanks... The savage is a online deal but the t-maxx i am going to go pick up but i still can get pictuers of the t-maxx but i will try to get a list of upgrades.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:08 AM
dynasty21

The guy said the t-maxx goes like 70 so i don't know if he is bull ******* or he's telling the truth.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Beasley1

ORIGINAL: dynasty21

The guy said the t-maxx goes like 70 so i don't know if he is bull ******* or he's telling the truth.
lol, he would have to put a lot more than $900 in the maxx to make it go 70. If it is even possible which I would say it isnt.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 AM
tommythecat

Yeah, I wouldn't trust anyone whose telling you their maxx does 70 MPH, maybe 70 KPH, but 70 MPH out of a maxx is most likely BS. Anyone who puts the work into a maxx to get it to go 70, isn't likely to be selling it.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
dynasty21

Yeh if figuered that was b.s, but what are some things to check when i go to look at it.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:58 AM
DaveG55

I never reccomend that a nitro newb buy a used truck. There's just too much that can be wrong with a used truck. Especially one owned by somebody that has done enough modding to spend $900 on "upgrades"
If you're determined to buy used then never buy one that you cannot see run.

Make sure the truck starts easily and will run a full tank of fuel w/o ANY problems or issues.
Look at the overall condition of the truck. Is it clean and well cared for or nasty dirty and beat up?
Drive it at least 200 - 300 feet away from you and be sure that it still controls properly.
Don't let the seller have trouble starting or have to fiddle with the truck to get it to act right and then tell you that is normal. A good truck will start easily, drive and handle well and not require a lot of adjustments (although a bit of fine tuning of the engine may be needed when it first warms up, that is normal).

How much is the guy asking for this "highly modded, 70mph, T-Maxx?
Old 06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
dynasty21

I pretty sure he id bs'ing about the 900 becuase i am trading him a Spyder Fenix paintball gun worth about $210 and an additional $120.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:55 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Savage looks stock, I would take it over the Maxx but not for anything higher than $300[&:]
Old 06-14-2007, 01:05 PM
nucleusbrains

That Savage is stock buddy! From what I can see. I have 12 nitro trucks and just recently bought a new Stampede elec. Dropped a Mamba Max 1/10, XL-10 ESC and a Sanyo Dtrx 7 cell hump pack into it and it blows the doors off my Savage. Which by the way I put alot of cash into. Just because someone put's aluminum a arms and such on a truck doesn't nessacerily mean it has been abused. Ask the seller to take good clear pic's of it under over side side , the turnbuckle's , Pipe, etc.etc.... If they say they dont have a good camera tell them to ask a friend to borrow one because you know as well as I someone you know has a decent camera these day's. If they wont do this tell them to keep it because you can spend a little extra and get yourself a brand new one.

My rule of thumb. Never buy a used R/C truck! ! ! Unless you have good clean pic's and they will accept a return if it is defective.

Best of luck to ya!

Cody P
Old 06-14-2007, 01:08 PM
dynasty21

I never siad that the savage had upgrades if you read the first post i said it was stock, i said that the t-maxx was upgraded. I am going to see if i can get pics of the t-maxx.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:10 PM
nucleusbrains

P.S. I would take the Jato 3.3 now thats bad ass !!! [>:]
Old 06-14-2007, 01:12 PM
nucleusbrains

I just noticed that. My bad... and about the Jato i am joking.. If you are new to the nitro and you want a good dependable truck that is tough and decent on speed get the Maxx they are tough and do as the poster a few above says go drive it and make sure it doesnt fidget or have any special quirks about it.

Best of luck to ya ... I hope you get what you want.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:20 PM
tommythecat

ORIGINAL: nucleusbrains

Just because someone put's aluminum a arms and such on a truck doesn't nessacerily mean it has been abused.
I never intended to imply that aluminum a-arms and such mean that the truck was abused. I was implying that if the $900 in upgrades were on items like aluminum arms, then they were more like expensive downgrades than upgrades. Just trying to point out that putting money into an RC only actually improves it if you put it toward the right parts.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:39 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

upgrades were on items like aluminum arms, then they were more like expensive downgrades than upgrades. Just trying to point out that putting money into an RC only actually improves it if you put it toward the right parts.
aluminum isnt a downgrade. i have an all aluminum t-maxx and its bomb proof(should of put an H1 body on it rather than an H2). i would feel sorry for any "plastic" truck that crosses its path.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:50 PM
dynasty21

Do you guys think i could find someone selling a truck on here that would trade there truck for my paintball gun plus some $$$ or not?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:53 PM
tommythecat

Aluminum isn't necessarily a downgrade, but the soft aluminum that you see used on 90% of the available aftermarket t-maxx a-arms is definately a downgrade compared to the stock plastics, and is a laughable joke compared to RPM plastics for durability. There are a few comapnies that machine strong aluminum a-arms, but they are an exception, not the norm. If you spring for the best, then aluminum arms are cool, but they are also extremely expensive. Most guys who sink the money into building a UE supermaxx or some other extremely durable top-of-the-line maxx aren't going to trade it off for cheap paintball gun.

It's all about the type of aluminum used, how it is formed (cast vs machined) and where it is located on the truck. For a-arms, I'll take RPM plastics over any aluminum available. That being said, aluminum is great in other ares on the maxx, like the bulks and carriers, just not for the common impact parts like arms and towers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.