Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx weak or strong?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 03:47 PM
yyyyyy13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx weak or strong?

I am looking for information on the T-Maxx 3.3. Can anyone give me specific information?
Old 06-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Dorsil

Default RE: T-Maxx weak or strong?

Search feature..

Try searching for it.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:39 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weak, all I have is breakage Do a search
Old 06-14-2007, 04:39 PM
rcdudegermy10

yea, really...ever heard of the manufacturers website??
Old 06-14-2007, 05:51 PM
rawiswar

they are strong but you have to upgrade a few parts like rpm bulkbraces rpm arms and keep all the screws tight on it
Old 06-14-2007, 05:54 PM
adam032981

they flip over easily
Old 06-14-2007, 06:49 PM
-EXTRA-

there stronge as crap no doubt would reccomend to anyone wont regret it if you follow the directions unlike the people who have the problems.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:05 PM
BrendanS

ORIGINAL: adam032981

they flip over easily
only if you have it set up wrong and if you can't drive. My t-maxx used to have a bunch of random parts breaking but now I hasn't broken a part for atleast 2 gallons. It is running strong. You just have to know which parts to upgrade.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:48 PM
poe

WEAK.. for the price you can get a much much better truck.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:50 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: poe

ok like what?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:28 PM
-EXTRA-

ya please explain.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:03 PM
BrendanS

ORIGINAL: rawiswar

ORIGINAL: poe

ok like what?
CEN Matrix
GS racing XUT

Both RTR and the CEN is about the same as a maxx and the XUT is $379.99 rtr.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Broke it again

I will add to this also, I have had nothing but troubles from mine and I have 2 of them. One is constantly breaking, if you ride where you get good traction, forget about it, driveshafts break, diff cup breaks, flip it once trying to stop and you will strip the spur gear, the motor mount screws are too short. The screw that holds the ground wire for the easy start, only goes in 3 threads. I have had T-maxx's for 6 years and these new models are about as bad as it gets. IMO.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:48 PM
-EXTRA-

well mine is in tip top shape yall are doing something wrong.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:11 PM
BrendanS

same, I love my maxx and I've beaten three revo's on the track with it
Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 PM
ttoks

for the price of a t maxx 3.3 you can get an aftershock, at my LHS you can buy an LST2 for as muh as a maxx, or an MGT.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:03 AM
joelgould111

welll i have had one for 4 monhs and have abused the **** out of one of them there are 3 things that break regualy spur gear engine mountthe enginesome people have greatluck with themand others donta have onlybroken 2 stock arms and i bash a hell of alot
Old 06-15-2007, 06:48 AM
cyberbomb87

Weak I actually got rid of mine not too long ago because it was broken more then it was fixed. I dont have a LHS so I have to order a new part everytime something breaks.....which was all the time, almost everytime I took it out and no I dont abuse it excessively either. I upgraded to the Revo and guess what? Ive taken it out about 5 times and nothing has broken yet, only problem is the rear pushrod ends on one side pull out, nothing a lil JB Weld wont fix :-).....EIther way I didnt like my maxx very much
Old 06-15-2007, 09:26 AM
rcnitrohead

Yeah my truck is fully upgraded........ Alum front bulks, racing chassis, RPM stuff all around and it still manages to break!!!!!!!!!!!!! POS lol, I love my Savage pretty much stock with my .30 and no breakage ever and Ive got enough hp to kill any maxx out there I ve pretty much replace more than half of my truck and spent too much on it, if it breaks any more this summer its going on ebay... $800 into it and its a complete dissapointment, go with the Savage or a Losi you wont regret it. Tom[8D]
Old 06-15-2007, 10:39 AM
delche

I have a mostly stock T-Maxx and its been a tank. I broke the front skidplate when i drove into the corner of a curb. I broke off 2 fins from the engine when the engine hit a rock upside down from a height of 5 feet which also stripped the spur gear. The engine is fine and a spur gear is like 3 bucks. 2 gallons so far and i love it.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:54 AM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: Broke it again

I will add to this also, I have had nothing but troubles from mine and I have 2 of them. One is constantly breaking, if you ride where you get good traction, forget about it, driveshafts break, diff cup breaks, flip it once trying to stop and you will strip the spur gear, the motor mount screws are too short. The screw that holds the ground wire for the easy start, only goes in 3 threads. I have had T-maxx's for 6 years and these new models are about as bad as it gets. IMO.

well i flip mine all the time and its fine also crashed into trees mid air last week one shock bust, you have to spend money on any truck to make them stronger
Old 06-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Broke it again

Ya but it seems like you have to rebuild an entire T-maxx just to make it through the day. I have boycotted all Traxxas parts. i will never buy another stock part. Also I was worried about any aluminum parts because they bend and stay bent. But again, in my opinion, get something else. If you get stuck with a T-Maxx that usually breaks, it will anger you to no end.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:11 PM
rcnitrohead

^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree[8D]

well i flip mine all the time and its fine also crashed into trees mid air last week one shock bust, you have to spend money on any truck to make them stronger
Not my Savage ^^^^
Old 06-15-2007, 08:18 PM
quinnell51

I break my tmaxx all the time!! I do think that they are kind of weak. The way I drive it is balls to the walls. I have an os 18 eb mod and I have center cvd's that won't hold up either. My slipper is loose so I can barely wheelie (which sucks on the track) and I can't keep a set on the truck for more than 5 tanks. Forget plastic driveshafts!! I just found one in my yard about a month ago from probably 6-7 months before that. The problem with the spur that everyone is having is mesh!! When I had a 3.3 in mine I would buy a spur and a motor mount almost twice a week cause I didn't know how to jump it. Thats what I do. JUMP!! The head on the 3.3 is quite a bit taller than my os. Now I have had the same spur on it for a while. I do break parts all the time. Mostly a-arms and bulkheads. I've upgradded to alluminum shocks. I also go through trans gears like nobodies business!! Thats probably the biggest downfall. You can't change transmission out in five minutes at the track even if you have an extra. I also got rid of my optidrive. Screw that!! That thing sucks!! But for my first nitro truck I love it. It is a great truck if you treat it right. Any monster truck is going to have it's downfall's!! They are really just monster beefed up buggys with bigger tires and longer a arms which make them more voulnerable to break and they are alot heavier too!! Thats just my opinion and my short story of my t maxx!!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:24 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: quinnell51

I break my tmaxx all the time!! I do think that they are kind of weak. The way I drive it is balls to the walls. I have an os 18 eb mod and I have center cvd's that won't hold up either. My slipper is loose so I can barely wheelie (which sucks on the track) and I can't keep a set on the truck for more than 5 tanks. Forget plastic driveshafts!! I just found one in my yard about a month ago from probably 6-7 months before that. The problem with the spur that everyone is having is mesh!! When I had a 3.3 in mine I would buy a spur and a motor mount almost twice a week cause I didn't know how to jump it. Thats what I do. JUMP!! The head on the 3.3 is quite a bit taller than my os. Now I have had the same spur on it for a while. I do break parts all the time. Mostly a-arms and bulkheads. I've upgradded to alluminum shocks. I also go through trans gears like nobodies business!! Thats probably the biggest downfall. You can't change transmission out in five minutes at the track even if you have an extra. I also got rid of my optidrive. Screw that!! That thing sucks!! But for my first nitro truck I love it. It is a great truck if you treat it right. Any monster truck is going to have it's downfall's!! They are really just monster beefed up buggys with bigger tires and longer a arms which make them more voulnerable to break and they are alot heavier too!! Thats just my opinion and my short story of my t maxx!!

do you have the 2.5 t maxx?

the 3.3 t maxx is stronger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.