Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Electric or Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 05:20 PM
adam032981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric or Engine?

I have a Revo 2.5 with a 200 plus dollars of hop ups into it. And my dad and I where talking and he said that he thought i would like electirc better because their is no tuning involved. I really hate tunning. but anyways I noticed traxxas has that new Brushless Velinion and I saw that it went 70+.

I have a few questions
#1 do electric cars have as mnay problems as gas(fuel) cars do
#2 are they cheaper or more expensive to run
#3how much would a battery with a long run time last

thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 05:53 PM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

Default RE: Electric or Engine?

usually electric cars and trucks are pretty hassle free, there aren' air leaks, you don't have to tune, no need to check the temp, or not go full throttle for long periods of time, so yes, they have less problems.

usually they are cheaper, batteries last alot longer than nitro does, nitro gets used up, while batteries just get recharged, so it is usually more expensive to get in to, but in the long run it is cheaper.

and it completely depends on the motor, your driving style, the wiring and connectors used, and a number of other factors, but on my E-Maxx I got about 20-30 minutes of runtime with 3000Mah batteries, depending on how hard I drove it.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:03 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: adam032981

I have a Revo 2.5 with a 200 plus dollars of hop ups into it. And my dad and I where talking and he said that he thought i would like electirc better because their is no tuning involved. I really hate tunning. but anyways I noticed traxxas has that new Brushless Velinion and I saw that it went 70+.

I have a few questions
#1 do electric cars have as mnay problems as gas(fuel) cars do
#2 are they cheaper or more expensive to run
#3how much would a battery with a long run time last

thanks

was thinking about getting an electric myself

there is a mamba max system or something like that its ment to be better than traxxas wait for one of the guys to drop in and tell you more lol
Old 07-10-2007, 06:30 PM
adam032981

I was really looking at [link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/rustler3708/trx_rustler.htm]this[/link] 70+ mph rustler VXL and just getting a decent battery for it
Old 07-10-2007, 08:17 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: adam032981

I was really looking at [link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/rustler3708/trx_rustler.htm]this[/link] 70+ mph rustler VXL and just getting a decent battery for it

ok you want something just for the road with speed and the ease of electric how much is the truck

the rated spec battery to get 70mph+ is $209 from this place (not sure if thats a lot for a battery in usa) also dont know if this is a good brand or anything i am just giving you a rough price to keep in mind in total costs of truck and battery it does say its designed for the traxxas vxl

[link=http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.php?prod=Lipo-8000-111-Pack]http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.php?prod=Lipo-8000-111-Pack[/link]