Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

moving tranny forward for big block??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 08:07 PM
sm1nts2escape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moving tranny forward for big block??

I have heard of people doing this before but what mount did they use for the motor?Anyone have any pics?I am thinking of doing this to give me some more room for my rear pipe/header cause it keeps getting bent even with a brace hooked to the rear tower.Thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 PM
dirt101

Default RE: moving tranny forward for big block??

I think they do it when using the traxxas mount but im not 100% shure on that.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:39 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea they used the traxxas mount. The reason they moved the tranny forward was only to clear the starter. Even if you moved the tranny forward for a big block, It wont really keep your pipe from bending. It might help a little and I can see what your thinking, but I doubt it will really help any. What kind of brace are you useing?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:47 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found a solution for you. Take a look at this [link=http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=3299]New era roll bar[/link] and this [link=http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=2419]new era aluminum brace[/link] that bolts right onto the roll bar. Not bad since it gives you good protection also.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:09 PM
sm1nts2escape

I did this to try and keep the rear tower from bending in and hitting the header.The body fits right over it no problems at all but my header still gets bent just not as fast as it use to.I think I might get the new era big block mount move my tranny as far as it will go and go to a cnc shop and have them fab up a new mount using the the new era one as a guide and hopefully by doing that I will gain a quarter inch.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84664.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	721626