Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

anyone ever burned nitro fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Danju

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever burned nitro fuel?

does anyone know what nitro fuel looks like when its burned? i tried burning some of my old odonnel fuel and i barely saw any flames (does it burn clear? i dunno). i dumped a couple CC of fuel on the side walk and when i lit it, you could here kinda "wooshing" sound of the flame but i couldnt see anything.
my friend gave me a link from youtube and he said that there was burning nitro fuel in the movie..but now i cant find the link.

Edit: i found the link: [link=http://youtube.com/watch?v=2NCGH9MpzvQ]rc18 and flames[/link]
scroll down the page and he says he burning nitro fuel
Old 07-14-2007, 12:34 PM
joelgould111

Default RE: anyone ever burned nitro fuel?

its well good for burning it has a cleare flame thow i use myold 5 gallons of 10 percent for bonfires
Old 07-14-2007, 12:40 PM
CrT-RaCeR

Ive tried burning some fuel and the whole gallon exploded all over me and i was in the hospitaly for a couple months with my whole left leg 3rd degree burned.........It burns clear and i saw some purple flames.........burns hot too....lesson learned i will never bring nitro by a fire EVER again
Old 07-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Turbocruiser13

yeah it burns clear. That's why when you look at race cars and stuff like that sometimes you'll see the guy get out of the car after a wreck and start rolling around like crazy and you're goin *** is this knucklehead doin. Then if you look closely you can see the gasses from the hot air comin off of him and then you can tell he's on fire.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:58 PM
kuiwoods

it doesnt really burn clear its a white flame.. do it in side or at night and youll see its white flame ... i bur n all my old fuel . its fun but just gotta respect the fire and youll be fine =)
Old 07-14-2007, 03:03 PM
drag racer

THATS AWESOME
Old 07-14-2007, 03:42 PM
nitro fanatic

ORIGINAL: CrT-RaCeR

Ive tried burning some fuel and the whole gallon exploded all over me and i was in the hospitaly for a couple months with my whole left leg 3rd degree burned.........It burns clear and i saw some purple flames.........burns hot too....lesson learned i will never bring nitro by a fire EVER again
yea my friend got burned really bad last year and had to get airlifted to a hospital. he got burned all over his face and arms(2nd and 3rd)...............He was soildering the gas tank bracket on his racing gokart(the tank is plastic). his dad herd a loud noise, and then him screeming, and when he got out to the garage. he just looked at him like he was playing around, but then he saw the tank, and put it out. The next time i seen my friend i couldnt help but call him a dumb*** lol but i think his dads even dumber to let him use a torch lol
Old 07-14-2007, 10:05 PM
traxxasracer_4

ive burned a few diff. brands and some have a white flame while others are more visible like traxxas' topfuel
Old 07-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Danju

sweet[8D] ive gotta try lighting fuel in the dark oh...and i had some fuel left over so i dumped it on some unwanted weeds and when i lit it, you could here crackling sounds and there was blueish smoke (that stuff was stinky too..i think i smelled too much of it)
Old 07-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Uglysteve

i burned a cup of nitro next to a cup of 99% alcohol. The nitro burned hotter and the flame was shorter(the alcohol was 2 feet tall). nitro fuel burns much more efficiently.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:56 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have time to go into detail but my experience involved a curious 13 year old (3 years ago me), a bottle full of Odonnell's, and an oven. Needless to say the result was a 4 foot fireball and a blown up kitchen All you smart grown ups are thinkin oh how irresponsible
Old 07-15-2007, 06:41 AM
joelgould111

y lol was there a punishment
Old 07-15-2007, 12:02 PM
aznherb36

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

I dont have time to go into detail but my experience involved a curious 13 year old (3 years ago me), a bottle full of Odonnell's, and an oven. Needless to say the result was a 4 foot fireball and a blown up kitchen All you smart grown ups are thinkin oh how irresponsible
how in the world would you not know what would happen? Along with the one using a torch on a PLASTIC fuel tank? I just think its unbelieveable that this can happen
Old 07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
dight1

haha funny. I like playing with fire. But you gotta respect the fire and you wont get hurt. Once you start to mess around, dont get mad if your get burnt. I've never burnt fuel but i got a half gallon of o'donnel i can light up some day at night. just not burning myself hopefully.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:11 AM
jgeck90

it works good for gettin bon fires started LOL!! do it all the time.
jeff
Old 07-16-2007, 04:50 AM
ttoks

umm, petrol is a lot cheaper and just as effective at getting a bon fire started, i'll opt for the petrol, not only that but the petrol is more visable when burned so it's safer so if you accidently throw some on the ground and dont notes it you wont see burning nitro fuel if your not paying atention.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:56 AM
joelgould111

yes petrol is cheaper but if you got a gallon of old nitro laying about it is just perfect
Old 07-16-2007, 09:25 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was doing that just for kicks. That same night I made 4 bottles of deoderant explode, made a mini rocket out of some junk and set my kitchen on fire, pretty good eh[sm=bananahead.gif] Anyway during the 2 second fireball, the whole house shook like a bomb just went off, and it sounded like one! Although I didnt get burnt, a couple of shelves, a cooking apron, and THE OVEN were on fire[X(][X(][X(] Oh wad like OH $#!%, I took the faucet from the sink and started pouring water everywhere, luckily I did it fast enough so there were barely any burn marks[8D] I know what I did was really stupid, also I feel kind of stupid since I could have created a gas explosion and blown up my house. Oh btw, no one was home at the time except for my bro and he was too "busy" to come downstairs despite feeling a rather large explosion Tom[8D]
Old 07-16-2007, 11:53 AM
rcdudegermy10

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dvcFo9W8GLo
Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 PM
oompwa

Thanks for giving me a few more examples of why my kids should not play with matches or lighters.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:32 PM
nitro fanatic

ORIGINAL: aznherb36

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

how in the world would you not know what would happen? Along with the one using a torch on a PLASTIC fuel tank? I just think its unbelieveable that this can happen
when i asked him what he was thinking he said "but i emptied the gas tank" lol...........and it was the metal bracket around the gas tank, but still lol
Old 07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
1Nightrider1

i put a little bit of nitro on a tree bout 25 ft tall. and i lit it and the whole tree coaught on fire and i was liek o crap how am i gonna put this out! and i h8 it when u need the hose and it gets stuck
Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 PM
kuiwoods

see now if he hada full tank of gas it prolly woulda been less likely to explode due to the fact that the gas is not what ignites its the vapors from tha gas that mixes with 02 and when mixed properly and a ignition sorce .. a torch .. it will ignite n explode.. just a heads up if anyone gonna try soemthing like that =)
Old 07-20-2007, 12:38 AM
rawkfist2

LOL I filled an air hockey table with it and for some reason the puck goes faster!
Old 07-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Danju

ORIGINAL: rawkfist2

LOL I filled an air hockey table with it and for some reason the puck goes faster!
you filled the hockey table with nitro fuel, burned it, and started playing on it?
sounds dangerous...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.