Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

t maxx 3.3 problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:07 PM
deeravenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t maxx 3.3 problems

ok guys i am about sick of this truck. i know i should of gottn a revo i know i know but i didnt and got the maxx. got it runnin perfect broke in perfect and sounded perfect. i was doing everything right. well here recentily, i have had the truck for about 4 weeks. got about a little over a half of gallion of gas through it. it does not want to start, you have to hit the gas to get it started, it will idel a little about 15 to 20 seconds before it dies. if you keep the gas on it it will stay started., you gas it all the way it goes but once in a while it bogs down and does not want to go, it still has the torq to pop wheels, and on top of that it will hit 2nd gear, and has a perfect line of blue smoke comin out of the exhaust when you hit the gas as well. once you run it good (full thro) into 2nd gear i get the temp. into the 280 290 300 and even once 320. [X(][X(]once up with this i dont know what to do at all. i put everything back to stock settings and tuned again and it still did absolutly nothinG at all. [&o][] someone please
Old 07-14-2007, 09:50 PM
bamutt03

Default RE: t maxx 3.3 problems

bro hears all i can say, what ever you do dont let it oveheat. let it cool back down. i just got the revo 3.3 and it is hard to start.
i had put the after oil in and let it set, a week later which was today i ran it,it took 1/2hour to get it going i had to keep adjust in the idle and had to replace a glowplug to get it goin, and then it ran good but in florida the weather is all mested up hot then cool and i have to retune a lot. it does get hot i dont know if that the nature of the beast or what i still think mine is brakin in
Old 07-14-2007, 09:55 PM
DaveG55

I'm not sure what difference a Revo would have made to an overheating engine but whatever.
The first thing I'd do is check for an air leak. It could be several other things but an air leak is pretty easy to check for and would account for your symptoms.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:18 PM
traxxasracer_4

after checking the engine over you may want to keep in mind some engines just want to run at a higher temp. the most you can do for that is use a fuel that promotes cooler running. since its a traxxas engine i would use topfuel 20%
Old 07-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Danju

ORIGINAL: deeravenger

ok guys i am about sick of this truck. i know i should of gottn a revo i know i know but i didnt and got the maxx. got it runnin perfect broke in perfect and sounded perfect. i was doing everything right. well here recentily, i have had the truck for about 4 weeks. got about a little over a half of gallion of gas through it. it does not want to start, you have to hit the gas to get it started, it will idel a little about 15 to 20 seconds before it dies. if you keep the gas on it it will stay started., you gas it all the way it goes but once in a while it bogs down and does not want to go, it still has the torq to pop wheels, and on top of that it will hit 2nd gear, and has a perfect line of blue smoke comin out of the exhaust when you hit the gas as well. once you run it good (full thro) into 2nd gear i get the temp. into the 280 290 300 and even once 320. [X(][X(]once up with this i dont know what to do at all. i put everything back to stock settings and tuned again and it still did absolutly nothinG at all. [&o][] someone please
doesnt matter if you get the revo..it still has the same friggin poop engine. (im sooooo disliking that 3.3 engine)