Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

What gearing for OS 18 in an 3.3 Revo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 PM
EARRNHARDT3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What gearing for OS 18 in an 3.3 Revo?

Ok i am sure i will catch all kinds of heck for this but i am selling my Picco .26 Maxx and i have already ordered an OS 18TM w/ Revo carb. for my Revo 3.3.

My question is what bell / spur gears should i run in my Revo 3.3 with the OS 18 and stock Traxxas pipe?
I want good low end but along with a good top speed!

Thanks
E3
Old 07-15-2007, 07:29 PM
utpimp

Default RE: What gearing for OS 18 in an 3.3 Revo?

I run a 14/40. Can yank wheelies all day on wet concrete. Raced heads up with a stock 3.3 and obviously killed him off the line. We raced again with a rolling start and he pulled away, but slowly. My point is, I gained a ton of low end and the top end wasn't affected near what I thought it would be.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Danju

ORIGINAL: EARRNHARDT3

Ok i am sure i will catch all kinds of heck for this but i am selling my Picco .26 Maxx and i have already ordered an OS 18TM w/ Revo carb. for my Revo 3.3.

My question is what bell / spur gears should i run in my Revo 3.3 with the OS 18 and stock Traxxas pipe?

Thanks
E3
i was just wondering why you sold the picco? just wondering...
Old 07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
6speednissan

The Picco will just destroy your gears among other things. Ask LSTVega28 about it. He ended up selling his Revo after the Picco cost him 50 bucks when it destroyed all sorts of parts. Don't get me wrong, its a great engine, but a lot of people have had those types of problems.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:16 PM
EARRNHARDT3

ORIGINAL: Danju

ORIGINAL: EARRNHARDT3

Thanks
E3
i was just wondering why you sold the picco? just wondering...
I can't keep rear spider gears in it. I tried shimming them i tried alloy diff cups all that was left was steel diff cups and at $40 or so each no thanks.
It ate 3 sets of spiders and diff cups in about 1 quart that i ran throught the Picco.
So it was just to much power for my Revo in my eyes. It was a blast thou pulled wheelies as log as i kept in the throttle and was darn fast too. But just not worth the parts it ate up.
So i got a Picco w/ Onfa mount , short AE MGT pipe,and stock header with only about 1 quart throught it in case anyone wants one.
thants just my .02
Old 07-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Danju

ORIGINAL: 6speednissan

The Picco will just destroy your gears among other things. Ask LSTVega28 about it. He ended up selling his Revo after the Picco cost him 50 bucks when it destroyed all sorts of parts. Don't get me wrong, its a great engine, but a lot of people have had those types of problems.
he sold his revo? i didnt know that...what i knew was he was interested in the LST so thats what i think he got next eh?

edit: EARRNHARDT3, how much are you gonna sell it for?...just wondering....