Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo Anti-Sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:15 AM
PiccoLow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Anti-Sway bars

Anyone have any experience with them? I saw a review on some and it peaked my interest just enough to really wonder how much they could really help out
Old 07-17-2007, 12:32 AM
oompwa

Default RE: Revo Anti-Sway bars

I have made swaybars for my Revo, and I am seeing good results so far. I am sticking with them.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 AM
PiccoLow

Any advice or links on this bro? I've seen a few different setups, one went to the a-arms the other did the work at the shocks and rockers. I'd rather not have to drill my A-arms and weaken em even more.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:29 AM
oompwa

I looked at all the different setups that are being tried and decided that I wanted my setup to be inboard. The stanchions are shock rod ends which I drilled and tapped to accept 3mm screws. I only had to drill four holes, for the four stanchions. The front bar is pretty straightforward. The rear setup clears everything no problem. Here are a few pics;

Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 AM
PiccoLow

That's a good looking setup. Thanks for the pictures man that really give me some alternate ideas on this
Old 07-17-2007, 02:48 AM
oompwa

I am still tinkering with it. If it shows to be durable, I am going to replace the all-thread with some Lunsford links. Also, since taking the pic's, I have rotated the fuel inlet nipple so it now faces the drivers side.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:51 AM
PiccoLow

Yea I'll have to probably mount mine to the shock brace since I'm using a 2.5 chassis. Gives me something to ticker with so I don't decide to do something silly like disassemble the rear diff at 4 am
Old 07-17-2007, 05:35 AM
OzRevo

Hi Guys

I was looking around on the net for sway bars for the revo and i found this site out no drilling etc check it out i think i might try it out...

http://www.bluegrooveconcepts.com/ca...oduct_id=29826

Cheers

OzRevo
Old 07-17-2007, 07:00 AM
mistercrash

Sway bars helped my Revo's handling a lot. I've been using them for months now. I tried many different set ups and decided to stick with the one in the links below. That set up works best for me. There's many pics of the different sway bars I tried on my [link=http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/mistercrash1964/]Photobucket account[/link]. Just click through the sub albums.

[link=http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/mistercrash1964/Front%20sway%20bar%20using%20stock%20holes/]Front[/link]

[link=http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/mistercrash1964/Rear%20sway%20bar%20at%20the%20body%20mount%20with %20steel%20pivots/]Rear[/link]