Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

weird problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:55 AM
nitro-smaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird problem

i have an os .18tm that i cannot get to start unless i unplug the exhaust pressure line then it will start up and run till it runs out of fuel. I thought it was the engine so went and got a 2.5r and tried to start it but couldn't get it started until i unplugged the exhaust pressure line then it woulds run for a couple seconds then die. I am sure the problem isn't in the engine so what eles could the problem be.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:59 AM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: weird problem

I've had the same problem and the only thing It could have been would either be clogged fuel line, or the nipple on the tank is clogged. Try blowing out the fuel line with some compressed air and do the same for the tank. Just make sure that theres no gas in the tank when you do it.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:15 PM
malibuboats4

cracks in the fuel line
Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 PM
rEVOkING

ORIGINAL: nitro-smaxx

i have an os .18tm that i cannot get to start unless i unplug the exhaust pressure line then it will start up and run till it runs out of fuel. I thought it was the engine so went and got a 2.5r and tried to start it but couldn't get it started until i unplugged the exhaust pressure line then it woulds run for a couple seconds then die. I am sure the problem isn't in the engine so what eles could the problem be.

sOUNDS LIKE YOUR EXHAUST nipple is cloggeg or your tank nipple.Check carb fuel inlet as well you wouldnt believe the crap that builds up in there.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:04 AM
BigDen2.5R

Check your exhaust pipe, it sounds like the stinger might be clogged, if you are using the stock plastic pipe it might have gotten to hot and melted something on the inside.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:11 AM
nitro-smaxx

thanx for all your help. turns out there was a little ball of hardened nitro fuel in the stinger which wasn't letting any air through. Its all cleared out and every thing is good.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:26 PM
rEVOkING

good news.