Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Lokking for play buddy

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 PM
chamberspins3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lokking for play buddy

I'm looking to see if there is anyone in the milford,massachusetts aea that would be interested in getting together and playing with rc/truck. Ive been home now recovering from a broken hip for 7 months now and my t-maxx has been my salvation. There are places to play around here but none of my friends have one so im trying to find someone who does or maybe a club in my area.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:25 PM
rcdudegermy10

Default RE: Lokking for play buddy

I don't live in ma, but I was just wondering how you managed to break your hip? Ouch!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:32 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a regonal racers forum If you scroll down after you click on forums, and then cars and trucks. There are a whole bunch of diffrent threads to look at about people in the same area and people meeting up.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:40 PM
chamberspins3

man its a stupid story im 33 and a foreman for a pallet reman company i was working on a sat and fell of a flatbed tractor trailor about 4 ft and ended up with 3 stainless steel screws holding my hip together, as a result of the break the bone is now dying and i will need to have a full hip replacement worst part is replacement only good for like 10-15 yrs .
Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 PM
NitroVenom

Arn't you covered by your job atleast? Since it happend at work?

In 10-15 years I bet We'll have come out with some fake bone to put in as a replacement. LOL Imagine RPM for-arms?!? Life time guarentee!![sm=lol.gif]
Old 07-17-2007, 02:16 PM
beep1965

ROFL that is funny, i take the blue ones lol
Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 PM
chamberspins3

i get comp but its 60% of my normal pay so its aweful ...as far as a replacemtni goes there is no way to win to make it out od good stuff it would be to expensive. titanium would be cool its light weight and it would never wear out. Maybe ill invent one with a detachable beer holder!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:24 PM
rcnitrohead

Rofl, beer holder. I always hear about 80 year old people breaking their hips but 33? Need some calcium bro[8D]
Old 07-17-2007, 04:03 PM
weez440

don't get a dirtbike. and my cousin just had a hip replacement and he said it was the best thing he ever did. i know another guy that told me now that he was having thoughts of suicide both his hips hurt so bad and he had them both replaced and he never felt better. look on the bright side at least it isn't a rotocuff replacement. and why didn't they just do the replacement right away you would have been back to work 6 months ago?
Old 07-17-2007, 04:05 PM
chamberspins3

i need a less physical job you know a nice sit down jod making huge money ...the sit down jod is definatlly in my future i dont think the money is
Old 07-17-2007, 06:14 PM
weez440

thats to bad man, just because you are getting a brand new hip doesn't mean you can't live a complete full pain free life either. i know a kid here that got into a snowmobile accident last winter and ripped everything out of his knee. he is still laid up and it has been about 5 months and they might have to amputate his leg. i guess it is getting to the point where it wouldn't bother him if they amputated cause he will always walk with a limp anyways, if he gets to keep his leg.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:38 AM
chamberspins3

that awefuol but i can relate , my oiginal surgury when i broke it didnt go right so my hip was not set correctly without the replacement i will never walk right again but the terrible thing is having to prove to the comp company that the replacement is absolutely needed or else they wont pay. But on the bright side ill get free job retraining and a nice chunk of money when all is said and done so who knows it could turn into something good for me. Ive always worked 70+hrs a week ever since i was 18 and ive never had a vacation this injury at the very least has given me the opertunity to hang with my kids for the summer so i could be worse.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:19 PM
chamberspins3

o well i will need to put the play buddy on hold i completely shattered the front end . I need to replace just about every pice except the front transfer case ...........but it was fun , nice air landing not so good!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:49 PM
weez440

don't get to down about breaking the maxx cause now you get to fix and upgrade i got one of my buddies who is well not very mechanically enclined and kind of a procrastinator bringing his savage to work tomarrow and he is letting me fix it and upgrade the brakes for him i get to spend his money on ebay on upgrades with his money and i get to fix it i am so excited i love working on these things. i have upgraded alot of stuff on my revo to the point it is extremely tough and i got my girlfriend an e-savage which is very tough and well does about 35 mph top speed so it is very reliable. and why would you wanna work that many hours? i make good money but work is just some place i have to go each day to make money, don't get me wrong i love my job just not enough to work more then the 45 hours a week i already do.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:03 PM
MiamizFinest

As long as your not trying to give people jesus joice GOOD LOOK finding a friend!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL j/k guys!!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:06 PM
NitroVenom

well an answer to havin a sit down job would be the stock market. You can make A LOT of cash in that buisness. Ya just gotta be good with talking and numbers. Thats over here in NY though. Not to sure what goes on in MA.

So how did you break your T-maxx? Sounds like you need to work on controling it in the air.. lol Its easy tho, when you want the front end to come up, give it gas. When you want the front end to go down let off the gas. And when you want the front end to go down even faster, brake. Start on small jumps and work your way up.

Trust me, breaking your truck is just another reason to buy more hop-ups!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 PM
aznherb36

I brother lives in milford, any chance near Boston Ave?

I are there places to play down there? maybe when we go down I could bring my maxx. No 1 here in Hadley/Amherst play either.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:55 AM
chamberspins3

i let my buddy drive my t maxx around my front yard about 3 weeks ago, we were all loaded and he drove it up under his work truck full throttle right into the rear end pumpkin and trashed the front end of the t-maxx. I replaced all the front end parts, got all excited to play with it again to find it only turning right..had no grip left. I found the 14mm plastic nut behind one of the rear tires was worn to hell and not actually spinning the tire so ifxed that only to have missed a small crack in the lower front arm. Well with a little air and a nose type landng i found the crack and then some. Im new at driving this thing so yes i have to learn to control it in the air and ive had not upgraded the plastic parts hoping ide have learned to drive it first that way i only broke cheap parts. i bought the truck form my landlord for $100 and the only thing wrong at that time was a tuning issue i fixed that and all was great till now.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:56 PM
weez440

you got a great deal on the max. i sold my maxx last fall for 250 dollars he crashed it got mad i bought it back for 100 dollars and it cost me 5 dollars to fix it up. i sold some parts off of it to one of my buddies for 20 dollars and i dumped it on ebay for 245 dollars so you did great.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:55 PM
chamberspins3

my landlord had the trucl in a huge army foot locker and a bunch of parts in ammo boxes i figure those are worth what i paid. Its all been small fixes from time i bought it. the wiring was burnt and the mixtures were a mess but a little internet reading all the thing runs great except for what i do to it . Now i just need lower arms in the front and new nuts that go tothe wheels and im good . The chassis has been replaces before got it and some aluminum braces and i think i got a great deal. Now all i need to do is learn how to drive it properly and ill stop breaking stuff.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:14 PM
SOILWORK

Work injuries suck! I severley injured my elbow at work. I was working on a conveyorbelt and some dumb ass tied a coat hanger on one of the steps on the ladder and when I went to climb down my foot got tangled up in the coat hanger and fell several feet on to concrete. I regret not suing them, just think of all the rc's I would have if I did. That was twelve years ago and my elbow still doesnt feel right sometimes.

Milford isn't to far from where I am, I would like to check out some bashing spots in the Milford area.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:24 PM
chamberspins3

i looked on a map and there is no boston ave that i know of in milford but if u go to google maps and put in milford mass on the hybrid map then find where rt 85 & 495 meet just to the left of that is where i play ,it used to be dirt bikes there but the state has put in a walking trail now and they dont let bikes there anymore. i just rebuilt my front end again and have learned how to set the caster/camber and the toe in & out now im all set and ready to go break stuff tomorrow . It was kind of a pain to set the steering but once i got it man did it make a huge difference.