Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Swapping bulkheads suck...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:16 PM
toofazt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping bulkheads suck...

I'm putting ACNCM bulkheads on my tmaxx and it sucks. I just finished up swapping the rear bulkheads (didn't know I'd have to unbolt the engine) and adding some fuel line to the shocks to keep from bottoming out. Now I gotta do the front. Didn't know you had to switch to the pins w/ E-clips either, so I had to get some at my lhs. I hope I never have to replace these again... I'll post some pics when I'm done and let you know how they do after I go jump it tomorrow
Old 07-18-2007, 12:01 AM
toofazt

Default RE: Swapping bulkheads suck...

The front ones weren't as hard as the rear. The bulk heads went in perfectly except the front bumper was off just a little. Looks like I'm not gonna be able to jump it tomorrow cause something came up but I'll let you guys know how they do later...

Old 07-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Art91

The stock bulkheads seem to break easily on the maxx huh. Now that you have the aluminum ones on the truck you should not have problems.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Shadowhunter985
My Feedback: (5)

i agree with you, chaning bulkheads does suck but i have not broke a bulkhead sinc i went to alum ones
Old 07-18-2007, 10:29 AM
tmanbu

If you didn't loctite your screws that screw into the bulks, keep an eye on them because they like to back out over time.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:34 AM
toofazt

ORIGINAL: tmanbu

If you didn't loctite your screws that screw into the bulks, keep an eye on them because they like to back out over time.
I used loctite on every screw that went into aluminum.