Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

starting trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:32 PM
george3.3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting trouble

i tryed to sart my revo 3.3 and it will not stay running. i put 2 new glow plugs in it and they didn't help as soon as take off the ez start it dies. i put my glow ignitor on and it does the same thing. i have brand new fuel lines on it as well. if i do leave the ignitor or ezstart on it it sounds good and responds to the throttle. is it possibly the fuel? thanks for the help
Old 07-18-2007, 04:02 PM
69eyes

Default RE: starting trouble

really need more info like sound, blue smoke out of the exhaust, what the glow plugs look like(if they went bad). my guess(im not a pro) either you are running horribly lean or way rich. possibly an air leak? could be a number of things. if you leave the igniter on while driving around, it wont die? or just sitting? again i think we need more opinions because mines not great
Old 07-18-2007, 04:58 PM
DaveG55

Have you tuned it at all yet? Sounds very rich.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:14 PM
george3.3

i have tryed tuning it. the old plug was accually fine i just changed it to be safe the new plug that i have in it now looks great still after trying to start it for awile. i have not driven it with the ignitor on it just keptit on the bench and reved it it sounds great. i did buy a new can of 33% and have had it for a couple months unopened is it bad possiblly.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:58 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its unopened then it should be fine.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 PM
george3.3

it was unopened for most the time i opened it about 3 weeks ago. should i buy more and see if that does it
Old 07-19-2007, 07:56 AM
RCCanuck

pull the EZ start wire off the plug use a regular glow ignitor and leave it on while you warm up the engine
Old 07-19-2007, 08:23 AM
IOWAREVO

Couple of things that maybe happening:

Start @ factory settings

1) It maybe too rich on the LSN as Dave mentioned. When its to rich the glow plug gets saturated and can't keep the engine going. Do the pinch test on your bench see if it stays running about 2-3 sec. Less =lsn to lean, more=lsn to rich.

2) You mentioned it seems fine on the bench. On the bench were the wheels free spinning? If that was the case, that tell me that it only stalls when there is a load on the engine (when the wheels are setting on the ground). You might check you clutch to see if something is dragging like the spring.

3) You may need to raise you idle just 1/12th of a turn to keep it running.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:16 AM
george3.3

i will double check the settings i did do these things but i will go over it again. i really don't think it is the idle because i can have it revved wheels planted on the bench and while it is revved take of either the glow ignitor or blue ezstart wire and it dies even if i have the rpms up. i will check the lsn but i really don't believe that is the problem.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:06 PM
x5t1j

I would pull the engine and open it up. Check the bearings. The nitro likes to eat up the plastic retainer and the balls fall out of the bearing. I had this happen to my 3.3 Same simptoms as you. I could spin the motor and it all felt fine. Opend up the motor and found the inner bearing fell apart. Let us know.