Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Added 1100 mah 6c battery and nothing works?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:19 PM
madbrad70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Added 1100 mah 6c battery and nothing works?

So i got tired of buying and replacing batteries so i bought a new 6v battery and charger off ebay. Battery was new but not a traxxas battery and a Revo battery charger. I charged it and when i plug it in, sometimes the servor twich then nothing or some time nothing at all. I put my old battery pack back in and it works. I thought i had a bad charger so my brother charged his it up and same thing happens. Do these receiver not work with battery packs?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: Added 1100 mah 6c battery and nothing works?

I run hump packs on all my trucks (including a T-Maxx and a Revo) and they work fine.
Heck, the Revo COMES with a rechargable rx pack.
If you've tried two different charges then the obvious implication would be that you've gotten a bad battery pack.
I'd test it by measuring the battery voltage while the battery is under a load, that will tell you what''s up.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:31 AM
madbrad70

SO after playing with it for awhile, i found that it works finw when i disonecct the steering servo. Once i connect that servo it stops working. The servo is a Blue Bird MG620 (something i found off ebay).
Old 07-19-2007, 07:45 AM
RCCanuck

well may be the servo then..try a new servo
Old 07-19-2007, 08:36 AM
madbrad70

But the servo work dine with a battery pack with 4 AA's , shouldnt it work with the other too? Im confused on why it works with one battery source and not the other.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Lilredmachine

Dead battery. That steering servo is by far the biggest drain on the battery pack, compared to it everything else is small fry. Your battery works on the smaller items but it chokes when you attach it to the high amp draw steering servo.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:21 PM
DaveG55

Bluebird servos don't have that great a reputation but, as long as it works with the alkaline's, then that should not be the problem. I still think you've got a bad battery pack. As i said above, measure the battery voltage while it's under a load. That will be the easiest, surest way to test it.