Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Is it my low speed setting?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Turbocruiser13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it my low speed setting?

Hey guys, I recently got my Nitro stampede with pro.15 all broken in, I've ran about 7 or 8 tanks through it now. I'm having trouble getting the thing tuned. No matter what I change it always dies when I go wide open throttle. I had planned on goin to the hobby shop this afternoon but if anybody may know how to solve this problem it could possibly save me a trip out there. That would probably be best considering if I go to the hobby shop I'm comin home with somethin new and the wifey hates when I do that! Anyways, it doesn't matter if I roll onto the throttle or if I just punch it from the getgo, it always stalls. I played with the low speed settings but nothing worked so I put it back to factory settings. High speed is probably 1/8th of a turn past the 5/8s of a turn that it took to break the motor in so it could still be a little on the rich side. If anybody has any clues as to why it may be doing this or anything like that I'd greatly appreciate it!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:15 PM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

Default RE: Is it my low speed setting?

you are too lean and the engine is cutting out, richen the high speed needle, the low speed only effects the idle to half throttle range, the high speed controls the overall flow, and the half to full throttle mixture.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Turbocruiser13

Heh, actually I found out that I was about 1 1/4 full turns to the rich side and the car was trying to flood out when I gassed it. Even with the tune I have now i'm only at 185 degrees so it could probably stand to be a little leaner as well.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:23 AM
Turboprop130

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keep leaning out the HSN until you get between 220 to 260 degrees
Old 07-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Turbocruiser13

That's what I plan on doin, I just need to scrounge up enough change to pick up a temp gun first. One of the reasons why I took it to the hobby shop was because I knew they had all that stuff layin around. When the guy told me it was running perfect I asked what the temp was and he said 185 so it sounds like it can run a little more perfect than it is now