Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

head lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 06:11 PM
carlbellybutton10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head lights

i have noticed that some poeple add led lights to there bodies. and i was just wondering how they did it? and does it actually light up enough to drive at night or would it just be better to tape a flashlight to the roof of the car to drive at night?
Old 07-21-2007, 07:15 PM
CrT-RaCeR

Default RE: head lights

i stick a small flashlight in the front bumper so i know which way the car is pointing at night.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol The LED's are suprisingly visible, and trust me if the surface is prepared properly then they perform/look great.[8D] I dont think a flashlight has the same effect, R/C's are supposed to look trick, not ghetto
Old 07-21-2007, 07:53 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bro bought a set a long time ago. They helped a lot to see at night and even had a switch that engaged when you press the brakes that lit up the brakes even better. It worked good until the bulbs broke on him. Now he has these 2 headlights that replace the fake lights on the savy bumper. He never uses them tho.

Edit: do a search on towerhobbies for those headlights. Or just get one of those micro flashlights and tape it on
Old 07-21-2007, 07:55 PM
CrT-RaCeR

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

lol The LED's are suprisingly visible, and trust me if the surface is prepared properly then they perform/look great.[8D] I dont think a flashlight has the same effect, R/C's are supposed to look trick, not ghetto
lol i was too cheap to buy some leds and cut holes in my body
Old 07-21-2007, 08:39 PM
carlbellybutton10

i'll probably just strap a micro flashlight onto my truck. i am kinda cheap and don't want to spend 20 bucks on something that could break easy and involves more than zip-ties and some duct tape to install!!! oh well maybe when i get more serious about this stuff i might buy some
Old 07-22-2007, 03:13 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

could try rc neon or ram lights. i have used a combination of both to do everything from reverse lights on my maxx and the third brake light on my 4-tec. then of course the usual headlights, fog/highbeam, tail, and brake lights.