Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo Leaking Need Help ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:12 AM
d3m0nZ0fRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Leaking Need Help ?

Hey guys well i thank everyone for helping me with my other problem and i come across another problem , well i don't know if it is a problem though, Every time i drive my Revo When i stop there is A really Dark Brownish what it looks to me Oil or Gas Leaking from the Exhaust , is that bad ? and the other thing is i think because of that the engine acts weird when i stop it acts like I'm gassing it then goes to normal idle sound. Please Help Me.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Uglysteve

Default RE: Revo Leaking Need Help ?

It may be a little rich, but fuel from the exhaust is normal. As for the idle, that could also be that you are a little rich. Turn your HSN in 1/8 turn at a time and watch the temps driving around between each turn. Don't go over 270 if you can help it.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:38 AM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: d3m0nZ0fRC

Hey guys well i thank everyone for helping me with my other problem and i come across another problem , well i don't know if it is a problem though, Every time i drive my Revo When i stop there is A really Dark Brownish what it looks to me Oil or Gas Leaking from the Exhaust , is that bad ? and the other thing is i think because of that the engine acts weird when i stop it acts like I'm gassing it then goes to normal idle sound. Please Help Me.

also take off the exhaust deflector as i find it helps if you are running the stock pipe
Old 07-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Danker16

i get alot of it mayb because its new, leaning will decrease it
Old 07-24-2007, 12:51 PM
d3m0nZ0fRC

No im running the Traxxas Resonator Exhaust but thanks alot guys for the help ima go Fix the HSN.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:28 PM
DaveG55

Oil from the exhaust is pretty normal. How much there is depends more on the oil content of the fuel than anything else. You DO NOT want raw fuel coming from the exhaust. That's a sure sign of being way to rich. However, the issue you have with high rpm when stopping and then the engine going to a ormal idle is an issue more with the lsn than the hsn. Here's an article written by the late Ron Paris that explains it pretty good. Yeah, I know the print is small but it's well worth reading anyway.
[link=http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:Lnu4TmIS3VYJ:http://www.nitroreview.com/hintstips...=clnk&cd=1]Ron Paris tuning[/link]