Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

ezstart not working?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 04:46 PM
kuiwoods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ezstart not working?

my ezstart turns over and sometimes turns the engine . i took it apart n looked at it nothing is broken cracked or anything just not sure whats wrong. thinking maybe the owb is done for but i tried the owb and it worked just like its supposed to.. im confused n gettin frustrated please help.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:26 PM
KSTwinger

Default RE: ezstart not working?

I had that same problem. Called Traxxas they walked me through the remedy. It was a piece of cake. My engine was top dead center, or something like that and it wouldn't fire.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:15 PM
weez440

make sure when you mount the ez start to your motor you don't overtighten the bolts. and also there is a bolt in the center of the ez start assembly that holds it all together make sure that isn't overtightened either.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:17 PM
kuiwoods

oh ok thank u guys oh its not tdc butthnx for input =) and its about to rain gotta hurry !!! vegas rains?? what?
Old 07-24-2007, 06:19 PM
urjustamemory

I had the same problem, I replaced the EZ start harness. Then come to find out the problem was with the battery for the EZ controller.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:35 PM
DaveG55

The owb can look fine and still be dirty/oily and slip. That is usually the problem, especially if the truck is fairly new. Just take the owb off and clean it well. Some people oil them before reinstalling them but I never do.

If you have recurrent slipping issues look at the oil content of the fuel you're using. When I used Traxxas Top Fuel I had lots of slipping issues but they pretty much went away when I switched to O'Donnell's.

If you've had slipping issues for a while then it's possably that the slipping owb has damaged the shaft, reducing it's diameter. If that's the case then even a new owb will slip and you'll have to replace the shaft also.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:11 AM
91litesho

CALL ME STUPID BUT WUT IS THE OWB ??LOL
Old 07-26-2007, 05:33 AM
DaveG55

One Way Bearing. It's a bearing that grips a shaft to turn it in one direction and spins freely when turning the other direction.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 PM
PiccoLow

It maybe the ez start motor coming unwound. Mine went just slightly and it acted like it was flooding or sticking TDC, borrowed a motor off a spare truck and it was fixed
Old 07-26-2007, 05:47 PM
kuiwoods

its a brand new motor my other one died switched it and ever since had problem so now im thinkin maybe just a bad motor. but when i unscrewed the glow plug a bit it didnt do it as much barley at all .
Old 07-26-2007, 09:41 PM
blue2charger

i had the same problem, check that none of the metal clips on the tip of the controller are broken.