Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

What's broken now?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Tai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's broken now?

I love this hobby, immense periods of fun, followed by fixing whatever broke that ended your session. I got three hours out of my Revo on my track before it went kaplooey. Not too bad all things considered. So here's the symptoms:

I have a 2.5R revo with a 3.3 engine. I replaced my stripped spur gear with a metal Robinson Racing one. I replaced the clutch bell at the same time with the Robinson one (actually, I let my little brother do all this, but that's another story). After the aforementioned 3 hours of blasting around the track and over jumps, the Revo no longer moves. The engine runs (sounds okay), but the truck does not move when I rev the engine. It appears to me that the clutch bell is not spinning. I assume something inside there broke? Are there replacement shoes/springs that make it less likely for this to happen again? Is there any way for these symptoms to occur WITHOUT something in there having broken? ie, should I start looking somewhere else before trying to get at the clutch bell.

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:17 PM
-EXTRA-

Default RE: What's broken now?

Sound's like the clutch shoe's are bad or something in there isint right.i would take the motor off then then clutch bell to inspect it more.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:04 PM
drag racer

im pretty sure it has to do with your clutch. maybe the clutch shoes melted
Old 07-24-2007, 08:07 PM
carlbellybutton10

check to see if your spur gear is melted to the clutch bell. i have the same build revo as you (2.5r w/ 3.3 engine) and the same thing just happened to me when i was tryin to tune my engine today
Old 07-24-2007, 09:34 PM
CrT-RaCeR

Your clutch is glazed over. I would but MIP revo clutch shoes and they wear allot less. It will happen again but nor more frequently. Not a major issue but they go now and then
Old 07-26-2007, 12:00 AM
91litesho

ORIGINAL: carlbellybutton10

check to see if your spur gear is melted to the clutch bell. i have the same build revo as you (2.5r w/ 3.3 engine) and the same thing just happened to me when i was tryin to tune my engine today
HIS SPUR SHOULDNT HAVE MELTED, HE SAID HE INSTALLED A METAL ONE ALONG WITH A NEW CLUTCH BELL.

ID FIRST OFF CHECK THE MESH BETWEEN THE SPUR GEAR AND THE CLUTCH BELL, MAKE SURE ITS CORRECT, IF NOT ADJUST, IF SO ID MOVE ONTO THE CLUTCH SHOES, GET A FRESH SET ON HAND, BUT CHECK UM FIRST YOU MAY NOT NEED THEM. HOWEVER THAY ARE GOOD TO HAVE ON HAND.THEY DO MAKE METAL SHOES, THERES PROS AN CONS WITH THEM, JUS ASK ANYBODY ON HERE THEYRE OPINION ON THEM. EITHER WAY ITS YOUR CHOICE.

HOPE U GET IT RESOLVED
Old 07-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Tai

Thanks for the advice, I am going out of town this weekend, but will hopefully get a chance to take it apart early next week. I have the shoes from my 2.5R, so I suppose I could use those until I get some new ones ordered.