Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Run-a-way Truck....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:32 PM
MrsRCgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Run-a-way Truck....

I have the nitro stampede and I took it out for the 1st time in about a week and a half today, half way through a tank it started acting a little funny and then it started going on its own. I was right beside it and was not holding the throttle at all and it just kept going. Not fast and not constantly it would go a little and then stop then rev very high and go a little more and stop again. Now a few minutes before all that happened my huband just got a new Savage and when he first started it his controller was on the same freq as mine and sent mine right into a crub and rev'd it really high before he could turn it off. Then he changed the chip and then about 10 minutes later was when mine got all crazy. Could this have affected mine or could it be something else? Thanks for the help all......
Old 07-24-2007, 11:49 PM
andrew_henry_rc

Default RE: Run-a-way Truck....

wow man never saw a rc girl on rcuniverse.
wish my girlfriend loved rc's all she wants is to go shopping and be a dumm blonde.
lol
invest in a fail safe for your rc they are kinda expensive but well worth crashing your rc going full speed like i did wene i first started that run about 20-40 bucks.
here is a link on towerhobbies.com below
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ARCH=fail+safe

there is the link
if u have a fail safe on the truck and it is doing what u said above i really dont now why it is doing it.but make sure your radio is working right and everything is good on it.
should of checked both truck to see if they had the same crystal and if u wont go to your lhs and get a diff. color crystal tooo.

[IF U NEED ANYTHING ELSE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE JUST PM ME.]
*ANDREW*
Old 07-24-2007, 11:57 PM
MrsRCgirl

Thank you I was going to get a fail safe just have not done it yet but I will be very soon now. I am new into the hobby. I love it so far but I am alittle worried now. I have already snapped the servo and had to replace that so I hope nothing is wrong. We didnt think we had the same crystal but changed it already.. Thanks for the help.....
Old 07-25-2007, 12:00 AM
andrew_henry_rc

well rc trucks break even if your a careful person and hardly do anything with your rc.
i would deff. get a fail safe and dont be worried that your doing stuff wrong and stuff is breaking it happens to all of us even the pros

[WHAT ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT?YOUR DOING SOMETHING WRONG OR WHATS UP}
Old 07-25-2007, 12:05 AM
andrew_henry_rc

by the way these is the fail safe that i have on all 3 of my truck,2007 nitro stampede,savage x 4.6 and my hpi mt2.it is a cheap fail safe and on all three of my nitro trucks i have not had one problem with theme and have had theme for about 2 months each and no problems.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:12 AM
MrsRCgirl

Worried that I am doing something wrong. I am not a bad driver and am not too hard on her but I do not baby her either... I dont know really I just hope its nothing major I guess....
Old 07-25-2007, 12:17 AM
andrew_henry_rc

ok it can be a couple things.
just get a fail safe and if it still does it pm me on here.
radio and or recever got wet!
and probly if u ask me the problem is that you are inerfering with other ppl around you driving there rc's.
its ok dont freak out about it.
just dont get your recever and radio or buy that meaning dont get anything electronic wet.
if u ask me i am about 90% sure that you are probly inerfering with some one around u.
ok so here is a guess if your husband or bf was inside with his rc preparing it and about to come outside and you were friving yours out side he was probly turning on the radio and everything making sure it all worked and while u were out side sense you both have the same cystal he was controling your rc messing with his radio inside preparing it and you were freaking out .
what u thank of that sound kinda true or what
Old 07-25-2007, 03:08 AM
PiccoLow

Some AM radio signals can play havoc on RC's. Semi's, HAM radio and some others can throw out a signal strong enough to cancel out yours.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:00 AM
DaveG55

Put a fail safe on for sure. They are cheap insurance. Buy the least expensive one you can as they are all pretty much the same. The Duratrax ones are usually at or just under $20. If your truck still glitches after the failsafe is installed then that wreck into the curb could have damaged the crystal in the reciever.
Don't worry too much about doing something wrong. Even if something happens every part is replacable and then you will have learned a bit more about your truck and the hobby. Believe me, if most of us hadn't done stupid stuff wrong we'd not know nearly as much about the hobby,or anything else for that matter.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:36 PM
weez440

i got an ofna failsafe on mine and it does what it is supposed to so i am happy. is it possible it could be your batteries are getting weak? i guess that is another thing you can check out for the heck of it. i am sure it is something minor. most of the time if you break something on these trucks it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to replace unless it is the motor. and the nice thing is when a person breaks you can upgrade
Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 PM
MrsRCgirl

Thank you all for all of your opinions... I will replace my batteries and get a fail safe this weekend and try it again I will let you all know. Picco Low you might have something there normally I run it in the back yard this time I was in the front lots of cars and trucks go by.....Thanks to you all
Old 07-25-2007, 11:50 PM
91litesho

ORIGINAL: MrsRCgirl

I have the nitro stampede and I took it out for the 1st time in about a week and a half today, half way through a tank it started acting a little funny and then it started going on its own. I was right beside it and was not holding the throttle at all and it just kept going. Not fast and not constantly it would go a little and then stop then rev very high and go a little more and stop again. Now a few minutes before all that happened my huband just got a new Savage and when he first started it his controller was on the same freq as mine and sent mine right into a crub and rev'd it really high before he could turn it off. Then he changed the chip and then about 10 minutes later was when mine got all crazy. Could this have affected mine or could it be something else? Thanks for the help all......
MAKE SURE UR BATTERIES ARE CHARGED OR NEW, AND MAKE SURE YOUR HUSBAND ISNT ON THE SAME FREQUENCY. A FAIL SAFE IS VARY GOOD AND CHEAP INSURANCE. EBAY HAS EM ALL DAY LONG . CHEACK FOR PROPER OPERATION OF ALL THE SERVOS WITHT HE TRUCK NOT RUNNING ONCE WITH JUST YOUR CONTROLLER AND JUS FOR THE HELL OF IT DO IT WITH UR HUSBAND CONTROLLER AND RECIEVER ARE ON AND WORKIN AS WELL.(REMEMBER TO MAKE SURE THIS TEST IS WITH THE TRUCKS NOT RUNNING)ID ALSO REMOVE THE GLOW PLUG AND AIR INTAKE AN CLEAN THE MOTOR AND SUCK ALL THE FUEL OUT THE TANK DISPOSE OF IT , SPRAY A LIL WD40 INSIDE THE TANK , JUST ENUFF TO COAT THE INSIDE ( U MAY HAVE TO TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN AND SHAKE , ECT.) SPRAY A LIL WD40 IN THE CARB AND THE ENGINE , JUS TO MAKE SURE ITS WELL LUBED A NO MOISTURE IS IN THERE. TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN PLACE A RAG OVER THE ENGINES PLUG HOLE AND TURN THE MOTOR OVER( ITS EASY WITH ELECTRIC START) WHETHER THIS HELPS OR NOT, I HOPE U GET IT RESOLVED, KEEP US POSTED.

TAKE CARE
Q
Old 07-26-2007, 03:00 AM
Turbocruiser13

Hey RCGirl long time no see Finally got mine all tuned up and within the last 4 days I've broke it 3 times lol. Anyways, my batts started crapping out on me yesterday and I noticed very sluggish turning as well as throttle and breaking. I'd say just turn the truck on but don't start it and check to see how fast everything is moving. It'll be a night and day difference when you have fresh batts in there. I actually had mine starting to glitch today and I was like *** it's never done this before. I was sitting just a couple feet from my buddy with his RC but they've never done that together before. Come to find out the little 8 year old neighbor kid wanted to bring his radio shack car out and it totally screwed with my electronics. That was a tense moment...I'd really hate to see my 300+ dollar investment be smashed into a curb at full throttle cuz the kid next door wanted to play with his 20 dollar toy! Failsafe is a must!
Old 07-26-2007, 07:00 AM
NitroDemon18

Get a failsafe or a throttle return spring.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:15 PM
MrsRCgirl

Yea Turbo I have not been on for a little while because I was out of the state. But I am back......... I am sorry to hear you had so many breaks in such a short time . I am gald you are up and running again. I was just so shocked that it kept going. I was so close to the street all I could do was stand in front of it so it wouldnt go into the street. My husband just got the savage and he loves it so far. But now I am mad because he is running good and I am not, oh well I should be up again this weekend. I hate going to Pegasus so he will get the failsafe from Hobbytown by his work. They are a lot nicer there. Anyhow hope we both get all of our problems fixed soon.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:41 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: NitroDemon18

Not "or", it should say "and". A ailsafe and a trs do completely different things for you. For example, if the runaway is due to interference or loss of signal a trs will do absolutely nothing but a failsafe will stop the truck. And if you wreck and the batteries get knocked loose a failsafe won't help at all but a trs will at least bring the truck to idle.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:44 PM
weez440

if you don't have an ebay account it might not be a bad idea. alot of things i get on ebay with shipping are cheaper then going to the lhs. and if it is sunday and you break something you know it will be shipped out and at your doorstep within a few days. and sometimes it doesn't hurt to shop around either.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:12 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

ORIGINAL: NitroDemon18

Not "or", it should say "and". A ailsafe and a trs do completely different things for you. For example, if the runaway is due to interference or loss of signal a trs will do absolutely nothing but a failsafe will stop the truck. And if you wreck and the batteries get knocked loose a failsafe won't help at all but a trs will at least bring the truck to idle.

ok i run without a trs the stock revo one is weak and i am only running a 2055 on throttle brake if i get a runaway gives me excuse to rebuild and upgrade lol

on the subject though whats a good throttle servo for the revo around 130oz and 0.15 or faster for speed and cheap i got a tower pro but it overshoots so alright for steering but not throttle

also whats a better than stock trs for the revo better be safe than sorry
Old 07-29-2007, 01:23 PM
MrsRCgirl

So I changed the batteries and started to run it again in my back yard and it ran fine for awhile and then it did it again. So I found out that for some reason when my sons car and radio are both on it runs some interference with mine. Though it did not do this before. So I on a fail safe and new cyrstal and will run it again this afternoon and see if it works. Also I have got the new body painted and on so I will post pictures this afternoon. I think my cyrstal might have been damaged. We will see.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:00 PM
RaWarrior

When I run my Stampede near a state highway(not on it, but nearby) I get a lot of interference and "glitching" even at relatively close distances. Strong AM radio stations nearby wreak havoc(despite being on a much higher freq.) as do powerful CB's. The consumer power (4 watt) one in my truck screws with the reception on my stampede as well. Power sub-stations also mess with mine, once the truck gets within about 50 feet of the fence the reception gets all jacked up.

Try moving to a different or more remote location, away from busy roads or other sources of interference. If it's still a problem the crystal could be damaged on either end or your receiver/ESC got wet or messed up.

Failsafes are a good idea as well.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:48 PM
MrsRCgirl

Well after installing the failsafe, changing the batteries and the crystal it now runs good again. I think the first time my husband started his and his radio interfered with mine it caused a glitch in my crystal. After that it just wasnt the same. Since I have put in the new one no more running away. Yea!!!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Turbocruiser13

Sounds like you're back in business again! Yeah it royally sucks to have your 300+ dollar investment being controlled by somebody else when you don't know it. Good thing you caught the glitch right away and you didn't drive it into a curb at full throttle!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:53 AM
MrsRCgirl

Nope it went into a fence (seems to happen often) flipped upside down and the went full throttle while upside down. Luckily my husband was there to stop it or I might have blown my motor.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:46 AM
ProRCRacer88

MrsRC, if you ever have radio problems again, i would say (this is my opinion) to get a better controller because the ones that come with rtrs are bs. A nice upgrade from the stock one at a great price is this.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12290

Priced at $150 but the technology in it is only found in the other radios that cost twice more than it. One of the main features is it picks its own channels when its turned on and wont let anyone get on your channel. Glitch free controller that has plenty of other features you probably won t even use.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
MrsRCgirl

Thanks pro great idea and thank you for the link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.