Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

looking to convert tmaxx 2.5 to axial .32

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:51 AM
simpacheco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to convert tmaxx 2.5 to axial .32

I was wondering what i would need to do to make this transition from a 2.5 to a axial .32 ?
Old 07-26-2007, 12:13 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: looking to convert tmaxx 2.5 to axial .32

ALOT!!! With a motor that big you will break alot of parts. You will have to convert the transmission to a foreward only with steel gears, steel spur gear, cvd's and more. Even with the Picco 26 you will tear things up but not as fast. My T maxx had a picco 21 and it was twisting drive shafts, and burning stock tranny gears.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:14 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not worth it because you will see more down time than play time. It will also cost more than half of what you paid for your truck. I would say go with a mach 427 motor. This is the stock mtotr in the lst2 and ask anybody who has one and they love the reliability. it will be a lttle less harsh on the drivetrain.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
fastmaxx400

same hear, i twisted the center shafts in breakin!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:31 PM
simpacheco

well iv'e got all the robinson diff gears , steel spur gear, cvd's, tranny has all steel gears etc. im thinking im going to need to extend the chassis get a motor mount from new era and all the little things that go with it like clutch bell bearing's etc. what do you guys think?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:05 PM
firebird02

I dont think your robinson racing diffs would last too long.I would get either a Fastlane Machine extended chassis with hybrid bulks or look for a used UE Thunder chassis and used UE 6 or 8 spyder gears.I have bought setups and the Fastlane setup is good for the price plus u nobody has a warranty like them.But i love my SuperMaxx alot more and it will cost alot more
Old 07-27-2007, 08:01 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well iv'e got all the robinson diff gears , steel spur gear, cvd's, tranny has all steel gears etc. im thinking im going to need to extend the chassis get a motor mount from new era and all the little things that go with it like clutch bell bearing's etc. what do you guys think?
In that case going with the Axial 32 still might be to much but honestly an axial 28 should be more then enough for power. From the begining it sounded like you were all stock looking for a big block. If you have already strengthend up the drive train then you should be ready for a BB kit.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:50 PM
MILKMAN87
My Feedback: (1)

what kind of drive shafts do the guys running a bb use?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:26 PM
firebird02

UE ti centers and UE steel 8mm's on the drives on my SuperMaxx, and FLM rear center ,UE front center and MIPS drives on my FLM Maxx.It all depends on what chassis u r gonna use.The rear centers r usually not interchangible between the different companies chassis due to different lenghts so most the time your stuck with what shafts come withe kit.U could always have custom shafts made too for about $20 a piece here
http://www.rcalloys.com/pricelist/pricelistshafts.html