Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Dennis0406

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!

Hi guys, i have a traxxas tmax 3.3, I dont know how the heck to get it running, took it to the shop they played with it and got it running, today, i try and it started up and i drove it a bit, but i have a feeling it is not tuned properly at all, it sounds aweful, it doesnt shift gears or anything!...

I need help, how do i tune this thing, like i dont know how to play with the needle on the carb i am so scared cause have no idea... can anyone tell me like if i turn it all the way to the right how many turns it has to go to the left?!

I know this sounds dumb but i really am just about to give up on this whole truck if i can't get it to run good.. It's brand new, only ever driven like 6 tanks through it..

Also don't have any idea why all the sudden she don't want to shift!!

Anyone from Bethlehem Pa, want to help me!!! Anyone here give me some pointers!

Thanks guys,

Dennis
Old 07-26-2007, 09:40 PM
rustynutzz

Default RE: I need help!

The top needle (high speed needle) should be 4 turns out from closed. The needle on the side (low speed needle) should be flush with the housing (inner lip, not outer). Not sure of the factory setting for the idle screw. Here are some video's to help you tune, it's not the same truck but the same principles apply to all..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSmMzpZM_As and........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFsJAxNoRg Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Sweeeet. Just figured out how to upload a pic lol. Pic does not apply to this conversation, just learning how to use this forum

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86711.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	730538  
Old 07-27-2007, 11:28 AM
carlbellybutton10

don't give up quite yet. give it a little while. i wanted to give up but my mom would'nt let me since she paid so much for my revo. just watch the videos rustynutzz posted a couple of times and try to do that on your t-maxx.

p.s. with rc cars there is kinda a learning curve... once you past that, you'll be having alot of fun!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Dil

dont be scared,, of getting too hot or running too cold,, tune it up nicely and run it, dont bother about temps,, if the truck runs without stopping with great power and speed,, you have nothing to worry about,,

dont be afraid to tune it thinking that you will mess it up,, its all about learing how to do it your self,, thoose vids above are great to get started

have fun
Old 07-29-2007, 02:25 PM
christoptt

Yikes a 3.3 for a newbie[sm=eek.gif] That will be VERY hard for you indeed. The torque and power will basically blow you away. I advise you get a TRX 2.5 engine, swap it with the 3.3 and learn from there. You will basically crash if you are not careful.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:47 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: christoptt

Yikes a 3.3 for a newbie[sm=eek.gif] That will be VERY hard for you indeed. The torque and power will basically blow you away. I advise you get a TRX 2.5 engine, swap it with the 3.3 and learn from there. You will basically crash if you are not careful.

what are you on about you telling him to spend more money on a smaller engine????????????????????

if he is new to nitro trucks then it does not matter if its a 2.5 or a 3.3 he will still have to get used to the speed

i have had a 2.5 and a 3.3's and the 3.3 with a wheelie bar is just as easy/hard to drive as a 2.5
Old 07-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Dennis0406

Thanks for all the comments guys, That Video did help me indeed!

I'm not new to Nitro R/c car's, just new to this truck, i have plenty up HPI nitro cars!

Again, thank you all again
Old 07-30-2007, 05:38 PM
ajb1205

I started from day 1 with a Revo 3.3...you just learn to drive it within your capabilities. I have over 2 gallons through my Revo and haven't hit anything...I've rolled it, and everything else but it's been a blast. If you're stupid (or have a HUGE pocketbook) and drive it like a mad man sure...you're going to have some serious issues. Get it tuned and have fun...that's what rc is all about!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:07 PM
christoptt

well SORRY I didn't know he was in trucks before, I have tried to start with a 3.3 and I CRASHED the FIRST DAY while BREAKING IN
Old 07-31-2007, 06:41 PM
rawiswar

well SORRY I didn't know he was in trucks before, I have tried to start with a 3.3 and I CRASHED the FIRST DAY while BREAKING IN

how do you crash on the first day while doing break in

1. you have to find a flat long area
2. you start at 1/4 throttle for 2 sec blasts etc....

so you start really slow because you have to break in the engine over six tanks not only is the engine broken in you get used to the speed over the six tanks