Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Just got my sts .30 for the revo

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 PM
jeff657756

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my sts .30 for the revo

cant wait to break this thing in. Still waiting for the qoncepts mount. Any suggestions for easy installation from all u guys that have one of these in the revo will be grealty appreciated. I also threw the 3.3 engine that was in the revo in to a nitro that i had layin around. That thing is even a rocket.
i only have the stock rims in the pics and i also got all the tekno mounts and conversions to clean the chassis up. Went with the single steering servo. Also wht fuel are u guys runnin in the sts .30s. I want to run 20% so give me some ideas and ill see if my hobby store carries it.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Big T-Maxx Jones

Default RE: Just got my sts .30 for the revo

i sure hope you have cvds and a metal tranny or that sts is gonna tear it apart
Old 07-27-2007, 10:03 PM
nothinbetr2do

nice motor, now you'll start finding weak spots in the drive line. but once you get past all that you should have a bad ass truck
Old 07-27-2007, 10:05 PM
jeff657756

thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 11:15 PM
ttoks

set the slipper loose, the one thing you absolutely have to upgrade is the wheel hexes, 14 mm plastic wont do it, 17 mm preferably but at least 14mm alloy ones, the drive shafts should hold for a while, some with the tranny gears as long as the slipper isn't set to tight.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:55 AM
jeff657756

thanks, thats what i ws going to do is just get the ofna hexs.already got the foc so i hope tht shud help a little bit too
Old 07-28-2007, 12:24 PM
rEVOkING

i have also got an STSd30m and it sounds great but damn this thing run so rich i cant even break it in. when the rpms start to climb it chokes out.I sent www.stsmicroengines.com an email and they sent me a new carb. dang this thing was a pain to put together but once it modded it all works. i used the traxxas motor mount big block kit and it works great.

if you need some advice i have a nice revo and will post pics today
Old 07-28-2007, 05:02 PM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

d a search for STS engines in the HPI monster truck forum, there is a 30+ page thread on STS engines, they should be able to help you out with anything you need.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:15 PM
ProRCRacer88

even though i don t have a revo, i can say that if anything is left stock in the transmission area, you will rip that part to peices. Plastic anywhere in the transmission will not last at all. Have to go and upgrade to steel cvds and metal gears if you want to save headaches in the future.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:52 PM
ttoks

i have spoken to a few people running the sts in a revo, and they are all running the stock drive shafts and tranny gears, with the slipper set loose, mainly to be able to control the truck but the side effect is saving the drive train, you wont need any drive line upgrades if you have the slipper set right, but with the power of the sts, you can afforded to run metal gears without affecting the performance that much so is you have the money to buy them it mgiht not be a bad idea.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:42 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

even though i don t have a revo, i can say that if anything is left stock in the transmission area, you will rip that part to peices. Plastic anywhere in the transmission will not last at all. Have to go and upgrade to steel cvds and metal gears if you want to save headaches in the future.

If you dont have a revo dont give a opinion........

ive had a PICCO 28 in my revo for over a year and NEVER busted a tranny OR stock driveshaft........ all u have to do is set ur slipper clutch and he'll be fine
Old 07-28-2007, 09:12 PM
ProRCRacer88

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

ive had a PICCO 28 in my revo for over a year and NEVER busted a tranny OR stock driveshaft........ all u have to do is set ur slipper clutch and he'll be fine
oh, i had no idea a person cant give his opinion on something he doesnt have... all im saying is it wont hurt to upgrade the transmission when you have that kind of power on it.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:29 PM
jeff657756

alright i just got a clutch and flywheel and some springs and im orderin a clutchbell tomoro. I hope the qoncepts mount gets here on monday
Old 07-28-2007, 11:32 PM
NitroVenom

What clutch and flywheel did you order? Which springs?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:31 AM
MiamizFinest

oh, i had no idea a person cant give his opinion on something he doesnt have... all im saying is it wont hurt to upgrade the transmission when you have that kind of power on it.

The stock drive train is made out of some pretty good stuff its not needed............if he would have listen to "the person that never owned one" it would probably cost him a pretty penny to upgrade things he didnt have too in the first place.........
Old 07-29-2007, 04:57 AM
BigGrump

I have the exact same setup as yours, STS .30 qoncepts kit, STS side pipe. one steering servo and Teckno 250 cc fuel tank, Teckno wing, and forward only kit in transmission. Used it hard for many months. No drive train failures.

I also use the qoncepts chassis brace along with the Traxxas chassis brace from the 3.3. Holds the engine very secure so mesh does not change.

Dennis
Old 07-29-2007, 10:55 AM
rEVOkING

did your sts motor puke gas and run like crap when you where braking it in. Mine started to run good then it stard changing idle and making this buZZZ noise..*** i always get defective stufffff
Old 07-29-2007, 11:39 AM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

^^ go to the HPI monster truck forum and search for the "STS engines" thread, they can answer all your questions about the engine.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:23 PM
dirt101

You might have to take your pictures off for my sake. Im am still saving up for an sts 30 for my revo. just give me a couple of weeks then you can put the pics back on.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:15 PM
jeff657756

i just got a savage flywheel and ofna shoes and lsoi springs. that shud work i hope
Old 07-30-2007, 02:08 AM
Lilredmachine

I don't have a Revo. However I run a Revo transmission in a brushless E-maxx hybrid. Due to the violent delivery of the copious amounts of Electric power the Revo box shredded like a... well, little plastic box of shredded stuff. It's not that strong, however it should be ok for even big block nitro power.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:29 AM
ProRCRacer88

so then if some1 was to get a revo and wanted to fit a bigblock, all they would need is a bigblock conv. kit, foc, 1/8th clutch, and the engine?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:52 AM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

the engine, pipe, and conversion kit are all you "need", you can use the rest of the stock stuff, but the clutch will be toast in no-time, and your reverse gear will be toast, and alot of other stuff will be toast, butthat is all you need to get it in and ruunning.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Yakueb

I would think about removing reverse, but I think it is silly to upgrade parts before you break them. Wait till it blows, then get new parts! I also doubt that you will bust the driveshafts, but it is possible. Again, I'd wait on the CVDs until they break.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:58 PM
ProRCRacer88

thanks for the replys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.