Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

idol problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:17 AM
nitro-smaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idol problem

i have and os .18tm in my revo and it is freshly broke in with less than a gallon in it and i cant get it to idol with out creeping foreword. I have adjusted all the other needles and it runs good and i have turned the idol screw almost all the way to right.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:30 AM
bob5429

Default RE: idol problem

turning the idle to the right increases RPM. You may need to adjust your throttle/brake linkage so that when centered it is slightly holding on the brakes.

also, it is spelled "Idle" lol
Old 07-31-2007, 10:31 AM
DaveG55

Default RE: idol problem

Turning the screw to the right (clockwise) increases the idle.
Pull the air filter off and look down the carb throat, squeeze the carb slide all the way shutand adjust the idle screw so that there is only a 1mm - 1.5mm gap. That should help. Another thing it could be is that you're not tuned in quite right yet. Go to Traxxas.com and look under support in the Knoweledge Central are and there you can find the stock carb settings and instructions on how to tune for performance.