Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo wont start regularly

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 11:39 PM
musclebeach191

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo wont start regularly

I am having a major problem with my 2.5R Revo. The biggest problem is that it wont start start on a regular basis. Using the EZ Start it just rolls over and over and will start once every 4-6 minutes or so. I just changed out the glow plug, so I know it is good. I know fuel is getting to the engine because fuel was spitting out where the cooling head connects to the engine (my second problem). I tightened the bolts in the cooling head and it appears to have stopped, but the engine still wont start on a regular basis.

Please help. Thanks!

-Jeff.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:46 PM
kuiwoods

Default RE: Revo wont start regularly

you check to see if its flooded? if it is pull out glow plug turn it over n let fuel drain.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 AM
malibuboats4

make sure your blue wire, i think its blue, is heating your glow plug. could just be a bad wire.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 AM
kuiwoods

oh ya and to check the blue wire just take a glow plug n connect it to the wire n hold it against the head n use the ez start if it glows u know the wires working
Old 08-13-2007, 04:17 AM
gamebrigada

Had the same problem for a long time and my starter battery kept dying. But then i tuned the low speed needle and now it starts every time.