Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

emaxx goes striaght into reverse really hard!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 PM
johnson7454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emaxx goes striaght into reverse really hard!

i have had two other emaxx's before this one and never had this problem. When i hit the brake it slams really hard into reverse. The motors never slow down, they just reverse. Im not sure on the basics of how they work but if your going kinda slow and go the stop, it reverses really hard and makes it wheelie and then flip backward! I have programed the speed control and made sure it was on option 1. What else can i check? Also the steering seems weak, when you manually turn the wheels there is not resists and when your are driving it takes a really long turn when you turn left...I bought it used if anyone was wondering!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:49 PM
mindwreck

Default RE: emaxx goes striaght into reverse really hard!

your esc and/or your radio is reversed.

What suppose to happen is when you brake, its slows, bit of delay, then goes into reverse. Any amount of throttle while reversing will shoot the truck forward. You truck is doing the same but in the opposite direction, so something is reversed.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:11 PM
DaveG55

Don't know about the e-maxx but often esc's are programable so you can select weather the truck brakes first then reverses or goes straight to reverse. Perhaps yous has become deprogramed. Check the Traxxas web site for how to set up the radio equipment/electronics.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:09 AM
johnson7454

okay its not nothing to do with the programing or that my wires are reversed. I have traced every wire and made sure they were connected and right. I have programed the evx and ran it in every profile. Profile 1 it does it. profile 2 it only brakes, which is what it suppose to do. profile 3 it goes a slower speed in reverse but still does it from forward to reverse. Im lost! Could the evx be bad...everything else about it works. Could it be not telling the motors to slow down first then reverse, or do the motors control that? Everything else on the truck works...has great speed...doesnt jerk....goes in reverse fine and has good speed also. It just doesnt slow down before it switches to reverse. I know that hard on my motors and trans.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:48 AM
DaveG55

evx? You mean esc (electronic speed control) right?
But, yes, that could be at fault. It's just a piece of electronics and can fail and do what you are describing.
If you've got another esc to sub into it for testing (or another vehicle to put that one in) you could find out for sure if it is at fault or something else. If the problem changes vehicles then the esc is at fault, if the problem does not move with the esc then it's something else.
Also, it's not really hard on the motors, they could pretty much care less but you're right about it being hard on the tranny and spur gears. Until you get it figured out you may want to let the truck slow some on it's own before braking or reversing.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:43 PM
johnson7454

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

evx? You mean esc (electronic speed control) right?
But, yes, that could be at fault. It's just a piece of electronics and can fail and do what you are describing.
If you've got another esc to sub into it for testing (or another vehicle to put that one in) you could find out for sure if it is at fault or something else. If the problem changes vehicles then the esc is at fault, if the problem does not move with the esc then it's something else.
Also, it's not really hard on the motors, they could pretty much care less but you're right about it being hard on the tranny and spur gears. Until you get it figured out you may want to let the truck slow some on it's own before braking or reversing.
yes the esc...evx is the model....