Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Check your trx3.3 engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:30 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check your trx3.3 engines

i opened up my 3.3 in my jato3.3 to find the conrod oil hole facing the ezystart when it should be facing the crankshaft . been told the conrod can snap if not facing the right way . my trx 3.3 in my revo blew up snapping the rod and smashing the piston . i didnt check which way the conrod oil hole was facing when it blew, i just opend it up and it was all alloy shrapnell in there lol. i suspect that the oil hole in the conrod was facing the wrong way and believe that was the cause of that motor blowing up . now i have to fix the trx3.3 in the jato and put the conrod with the oil hole facing the right way cos traxxas dont know what theyr'e doing.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:53 AM
RCCanuck

Default RE: Check your trx3.3 engines

its not traxxas that doesn't know what they are doing its the people in Taiwan, malaysia or china...where the engines are made....Traxxas just like most big name RC companies have most of their stuff built in these countries...you just can't compete with $1 a day labour[:'(]
Old 08-27-2007, 07:50 AM
DaveG55

Besides, Traxxas has been really good about waranting the engines that have met an early death due to that issue.
Did you even bother to send the blown one in and give Traxxas a chance to make it right?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:17 AM
nis300zx

Just wondering if the engine replacement warranty is voided if the truck sold outside the USA?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:31 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: nis300zx

Just wondering if the engine replacement warranty is voided if the truck sold outside the USA?
No, I don't think so but you may have to deal with your lhs or an autherized service center.

For the record, the "engine replacement plan" is not a warranty at all, just a means to get a new engine at a bit of a discount by trading in your old engine. It has nothing to do with what I was speaking of.
What I was talking about is someone who has an engine that self-destructed contacting Traxxas and seeing if they will replace or repair the engine at no cost. I have read several times where people have contacted Traxxas and they, Traxxas, have come through for the people. Of course I cannot say that they will/would have fixed/replaced anything, that's completely Traxxas' discretion. But if you never ask them or offer them a chance to make it right then, IMHO, it makes complaining about it seem petty.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:22 PM
nis300zx

Oh ok, now..how well is this TRX engine itself? I heard lots of people have troubles and replace it with another brand. How long can it last if well maintained? and this is for bashing only, not gonna race it.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 PM
HighClassBasher

The Trx 3.3 is a good engine, i love mine!! The reason you hear so much bad stuff about it is because of noobs that dont know what their doing.
If you have a basic clue how to tune and maintain your engine its great!!
Old 08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
jatoracing33

i hate mine and i hate the fuel...the combination of the 2 makes me spend somewhere round 4 outa 5 tanks each time i run tuning it...os engines, nova, and rb i do believe are better high quality engines. the trx isnt the worst but it aint the best